XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Season of the Infinite.. Arguments

Welcome to the XboxEra Community OT!

For those that have been around a fair while, traditionally, the XGS OT has always served as a kind of safe space for the community to talk Xbox and gaming without having to deal with bad faith posters and concern trolls.

Since the creation of these forums, we feel that this safe space is no longer necessary.

This is the place to talk among your peers in the Xbox Community.

This is the way.

However, we also recognise that for the ‘old guard’ change is scary.

So we’ve elected to do two things - first, we’ve created this OT - a general “Catch-All” thread to allow for ongoing conversation about everything that doesn’t deserve a new thread.

Secondly, the Xbox Game Studios OT will continue, but we would ask all members to treat that thread for it’s purpose - conversation specifically focused around Xbox Game Studios. Found a new job posting relating to any of the studios? Cool! Post it there.

Posts containing tweets about other subjects or general gaming are no longer necessary.

In general, we’d ask all users to remember a simple rule:

New News? New Thread.

Previous discussions:

2 Likes

Hi

Can You Smell The Rock GIF by WWE

New Thread Smell!

7 Likes

Bring back MEAT CIRCUS PART 2

okay, lets continue here :smiley:

No the discussion started when you stated they have to do that soon.

Why? Where is the data to support your demands?

And i disagree. There is no indication whatsoever that the success of cloud services depends on cutting edge powerful hardware in the data center. Stadia pitched their services with this premise and it failed spectacularly.

I would say the success of xCloud does not depend on their hardware power but on the quality of the content and availability of the serivces to as much customers as possible. So they have to build up data centers in more countries and regions, get more games on the xCloud library and get the client on more devices. We saw this last couple of weeks with Brazil. New market => more customers.

MEAT CIRCUS 2: whole lotta meat

Don’t care what the title is, but I just had to fix that typo in arguing.

Ah, a new thread. Let me polish it a bit.

Fighting over the title only allowed in the first 100 posts… :wink:

2 Likes

|OT5| We Refuse to Create New Threads…

1 Like

Soz

1 Like

OT5 LET THEM FIGHT

In the end, the success of these services will be driven by both content and technology.

Microsoft has content, Google and Nvidia have technology. For this to really take off, you want both. If you don’t have both, you leave the door open for a competitor.

MS sticking to console hardware is going to handicap them in the future.

1 Like

Need something wittier for the title.

XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Failing To Meet Targets

Please can the thread be pinned this time… it’s hard for my tiny brain to navigate through the forums. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Interesting. It’s not like we’ve got 100 active OT’s, lol. (By the way, you can pin threads yourself)

How ? I didn’t actually realize that you could lol

Gotta love the new thread smell folks

Hmm liking the smell of the fresh coat of paint!

:smiley:

4 Likes