XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

Continuing the discussion from XboxEra Community Hangout |OT10| Insert Catchy Quip Here - #10072 by KakkaKarrotKake.

Previous discussions:

That new thread smell.

3 Likes

14 days left until Starfield premium edition.

3 Likes

I still play Xbox 360 games on a 360 console on a daily basis. At least the games will still keep working. If and when the servers ever actually go down then that will truly be a tragic day.

4 Likes

So there is this note which changed my initial reaction. But it means on xbox 360 you won’t be able to buy new after next year.

Can I still buy and play Xbox 360 backward-compatible titles?

There is no impact to purchasing or playing backward-compatible Xbox 360 titles. After July 29, 2024, you will still be able to purchase hundreds of great backward-compatible Xbox 360 and Original Xbox games and DLC on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox.com. We believe in celebrating gaming’s rich history and have worked hard to preserve as many games as possible through our backward-compatibility program. You can find the full list of backward-compatible titles here.

4 Likes

Yeah when I first read it I thought they meant all 360 related content

But it’s just the actual 360 console marketplace/non-BC titles

2 Likes

I bought myself a 360 recently to play a few that never got the back compact love.

2 Likes

https://x.com/alanwake/status/1692174551466316121?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Mind if I tag along, Spider-Man and Mario?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JJSNorris/status/1692176999497019466

25 Likes

It’s still very sad. But at least this time there is a big sufficient time warning to go get anything you want and grab all the DLCs you want. The previous time was a warning of like 4 months.

And also this won’t be affecting the BC store which is good.

3 Likes

In light of the sad Xbox 360 news, I really hope we get at least one more run of BC titles once ABK closes. Also, stuff like this just emphasizes how important emulation is in this industry. I want to upgrade my Series S in the future and turn it into an emulation machine.

6 Likes

AFAIK, its only the storefront which is closing. The games are still available on the newer storefront. At least thats how it read to me.

1 Like

Not sure whether I should congratulate or hate you :phil_unsure:

Embargo before EA and not the standard launch, seems they are confident

1 Like

It would be real weird to have an embargo set after the public can play it.

1 Like

“Oh you done hurt me…” -Hi-Fi Rush

1 Like

That’s true, although I thought they could rely on FOMO with the early access and not need reviews

Were FH5’s reviews before it’s Early Access also? Obviously there’s things like HFR as well but obviously a different situation and not really an embargo

My understanding was that any 360 title not in the BC program for One/Series will no longer be purchasable, but I could be wrong.

There is also a small number of BC titles that have already become un-purchasable in the past because they left the xbox 360 store (RUSE and one of the Prince of Persia games and Daytona USA are examples)

1 Like

Some good points brought up in this episode. However, I am starting to think Microsoft might need to improve on some PR for the series s because it’s public enemy #1 right now

https://twitter.com/vicious696/status/1692160879213858848?s=20

considering how well the series s was selling, the consumer has a pretty good appreciation for it. its just echo chamber “core” gamers whining about it.

10 Likes