XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

Because its much easier to just dump the Xbox image to a Xbox virtual machine instead of tuning settings and whatnot to perform decently in your datacenter hardware. Xbox has a super streamlined process here. And they can still improve video quality and latency with their setup.

Its 2021 and the competition is running on hardware with 3x the performance. Imagine 4 years from now.

2 Likes

I would not say that even top game performance is that much better than native console performance.

Ah well then nothing to change with Xcloud then. Its good as it is then while the competition offers 120fps, 1440p, HDR, 4K and VRR then. Nothing to debate.

Hmmm true.

Well I’ll just wait a little longer and continue with just installing what I am actually playing. It’s not too bad.

Xbox has VRR though. It also has auto HDR etc.

We are talking Xcloud

Quite a jab.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Performance on xCloud is good enough, they even stream way video lower quality (both resolution and framerate) than the Series X provides. Instead of faster hardware they need more software on xCloud and more server hardware in new markets like Brazil.

Think long term. Can a cloud provider chain themselves to a 7 year console cycle while their competitors update on a 2 year cycle and still expect to compete?

1 Like

It’s going to come down to library selection and monthly price. GeForce Now is still very limited because of Nvidia not coming to terms with certain Publishers/Developers.

Normal Priority Tier is $100 for 12 months, while this new Tier is $200 for 12 months.

1 Like

where did Xbox say they don’t plan on updating their hardware in the next 6 years? And as I said for better latency with 120hz, VRR and better picture quality with 4k they don’t need different hardware :woman_shrugging:

It seems like these days everybody is trying to attack Microsoft. Everybody is afraid I guess. But don’t worry, MS will continue to praise other companies.

4 Likes

The discussion is about do they need to de-couple from console hardware at some point.

If MS sticks to console hardware, they lose flexibility in upgrading their hardware.

16$ per month. Slightly more expensive than Game Pass Ultimate with less selection of games and less options / perks.

wonder how many people are even going to be able to sub for the RTX 3080 plan with the “limited Quantities” tag

I wonder what steps Nvidia is taking to prevent CryptoCoin Mining on their services. Cause at $17 a month, it’s the cheapest way for miners, even with the hash-rate limiters. :moneybag:

Lol. You noticed that too I see. It is because NVIDIA cannot suddenly produce more GPUs and these are absolutely massive as well, so I love to see how limited it is.

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus (Part 5).