HALOERA Podcast | You Had Me at Halo Podcast |OT| The Great Journey

We’re live this Thursday with TONS to talk about, put any questions you have below!

3 Likes

Hello Halo followers,

Has this week been enough to turn the good ship “Fans’ attitude” around? Or is that rudder still a bit stiff?

GOC

2 Likes

Hello there,

Couple of questions:

1. Do you think there is any truth to the rumours of next season also being six months?

2. With recent Steam charts in mind, how do we get more cats into Halo Infinite?

Hugs, Mort.

2 Likes

Greetings to my fine, upstanding co-op teammates…and yeah, hello other dudes

After seeing the complaining/lamenting over players 2, 3 and 4 in co-op not be your multiplayer character, but instead another Chief. As much as I’d think it would be cool if that was the case, all I could think is if they had done that what would be the point of contention then? Because …ya know…it’s Halo fans

Like if it was your multiplayer character, would it be people complaining that it should be other spartans, or should it stupidly be that it should be like Halo 3 and just be random Elites, like the always sensible Hidden Xperia wanted

Or should all four players just be Ninja Turles like Nick wanted. I mean he never said that, but you know if they made it so you could pay microtransactions for those characters, Nick would buy them all

2 Likes
2 Likes

We are live again this Thursday. His us up below with any questions you may have about anything Halo or videogame related.

*we’re pushing things back to the 11th so we have info on the incoming Drop Pod patch

1 Like

Hello Spartans,

I’m excited about the possibilities of Forge, but I also know that discoverability, shareability, and promotion is key to leveraging user-generated-content. I think 343 knows this as well because if they pull off discoverability right, this takes the weight of the world off their shoulders when it comes to creating content for players to engross themselves in.

The other challenge is that people need to be able to play these experiences with other people, friends or strangers, in a convenient fashion.

What do you think 343 needs to do to leverage Forge properly? Is a custom games browser critical? Does 343 have to promote maps and game types through matchmaking?

Secondly, I haven’t played Halo 5 online at all, but it sounds like they got it right in that game. Do you all agree with that idea or am I mistaken?

I wouldn’t be bothered if the Forge preview required us to visit each other’s file share to try new maps and modes, but I do think having something more than that is critical when Season 3 starts.

2 Likes
1 Like

Get tactical Marines!!!

Welcome back panel. I know everyone is excited for Forge coming out, and for good reason. It lookes awesome, but I think some are sleeping on Co-op a little here.

As the few who played it during the flight last month know. It is so well impimented and so damn fun. I can not wait for the full version of this to drop. That, along with forge and then Season 3 of mulitiplayer and then the Certain Affinity’s BR this game’s resurgance will be complete

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Hello there, panel.

Any PvE content on the horizon?

Hugs, Mort.

3 Likes
1 Like

Drop your questions below (most likely coming in Thursday for a news update)

2 Likes

Reminder if you have any questions drop 'em below!

Greetings Halo faithful.

The latest news from 343 gives me quite mixed feelings. On one hand we’re getting hyped for Forge and Co Op in a couple months. On the other, Season 2 won’t be over until March…yikes.

There is good news though. This does give Soulblazers plenty of time to complete his Multiplayer review!!

Heh, sorry Soul. I did recently tell Jess I gotta finally stop teasing you about that…but he told me “don’t stop, it’s hilarious”. So blame Jesse

Right under the buss, lil bro. HAH!!!

3 Likes

Hello Spartans!

Is it just me or does this seem like this is the final stretch for 343 in getting Infinite to the level where it needs to be to be a fully functioning live service title? Season 3 sounds like it’s going to be a proper 3 month season with proper progression, custom games browser, fixed UI, etc. It truly sounds like March will be when they’re “caught up” in addressing a lot of the backend issues that prevented them from executing at a level that most expect from live service titles.

I’m calling it right now, they’re going to hit the ground running in March. 3 month seasons with a constant stream of content from that point on.

-edit- ok I’ve just watched the video and they basically said this. I thought my prediction would make me sound like Nostradamus but now I sound like a Nostra-dumbass :expressionless:

3 Likes

Hello there,

I’ve just finished reading The Rubicon Protocol and I thought it was a great campaign companion so to speak. It would have made a good prequel DLC to Halo Infinite imho. So, a few questions on that note:

1. Do you think it would be a good idea to widen or perhaps separate the Halo franchise in gaming a bit, particularly on the singleplayer/co-op games front? Making the Halo Infinite F2P MP its own thing, more so than today. How would you go about doing that if you were in charge at Xbox? A 10 hour campaign every 6 years is not really using the IP very well imho.

2. What are your thoughts on The Rubicon Protocol? Is the bookcast happening? Favourite character?

Hugs, Mort.

2 Likes

We’re live this Thursday, leave your questions below! Sik is joining the show this week!

4 Likes

Hey fellow Halo nerds.

Question for the panel. Why isn’t Sik a millionaire from making Forge maps, living in luxury getting his toes sucked by beautiful women?

4 Likes

I don’t know man, you tell us :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hello Halo Followers,

crosshatch fire343. Tell me why 343 Industries should retain Halo as a response to the hashtag. That’s it. Answer the detractors.

GOC