Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

These look incredible:

7 Likes

Forge looks amazing. Imo it will all be for naught if 343 isn’t proactive in getting the content into matchmaking.

1 Like

Whoa, Mostlyharmless actially being positive for onc…

THERE HE IS. Debbie motherfuckin Downer strikes again

5 Likes

Haha, quality burn.

3 Likes

Lol bro

1 Like

We’re live again this Thursday, follow the link if you have any questions you’d like to ask us.

2 Likes

This was going to be the basis for my question this week for the YHMAH crew. I agree and I have a feeling 343 knows the importance of this as well.

I have a feeling it won’t make it into matchmaking (because they’re behind in rotating in modes, as they promised earlier) but they may at least have a working custom games browser.

3 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Really hope they go all out on Forge going forward

Update it constantly with new textures and features as much as possible

Look Travis I’m passionate about halo. 343 made a great campaign and their multiplayer gameplay is amazing. That’s why I continue to play it, and will be starting my legendary playthrough of the campaign soon(was trying to hold out for ray tracing).

I am critical of the game though. There are a bunch of issues that many fans rightfully have. The potential to be the best halo game ever is there imo but they are falling short. If I’m overly critical it’s because I’m so passionate.

2 Likes

Just heard back from the Halo: The Rubicon Protocol publisher and they’re overnighting me a copy of the book for review! Expect that once it’s released in full, both an article and video.

13 Likes

Forges open beta is in September right? That creeped up quick.

3 Likes

Yep, should be co-op at some point this month and Forge at some point in September. As long as everything stays on schedule.

Remember when I was asking creators to show off Streets in the daytime? Here’s one where it has the intensity and time of day that I really wanted. I think it looks great!

https://youtube.com/shorts/vbLiIyvDuj4?feature=share

The skybox doesn’t match but it really gets me thinking they should do different times of day randomly on different maps in social playlists.

Or tie the different time of day to different modes. So Oddball on Streets happens midday, Landgrab in the rain with fog, and Team Slayer at night (as we know it now).

Leverage the engine. I can understand why competitive modes should have the same look and feel. But the social modes don’t need to be as restrictive.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Speaking of drop pods, what happened to XboxEra’s, @AustinFordGames ?

Nice, earlier than I expected!