Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

As Tavish touched on, Seasons are near meaningless. They only really serve in progressing story/narrative.

I doubt that Halo players are clamouring for that.

It’s all about content. It’s all about things to play. And that could be dropped in the middle of a season like with all live service games.

With that in mind, we have to wait until November 8th to get that. So that’s quite disappointing and a bit of a wait after the current wait. I don’t think reactions would have been as bad as they’ve been had this date been “September 30th” instead of November 8th.

Maybe I’m in the minority. At this point I don’t care about Progression, Battle Pass rewards, Ranked Play, and official maps used for competitive play…I’m sure there are many that care about that. I don’t want to pretend that these things are unimportant, but rather staying that they are not that important to me.

I just want new maps, new modes, new weapons, and new equipment. All things that Forge will provide.

(All this said, I’m getting more busy anyways and even if Forge came out tomorrow I wouldn’t have the time to engross myself in it even if I wanted to. So even my disappointment is muted due to personal reasons)

But in an age where content creators help build and sustain your audience, the real disappointment is that November 8th date for Forge. After that point most people will be able to wait for Season 3, no problem. That is if you don’t care much for ranked play, progression, MLG maps, etc. Because there’s going to be new weapons, new modes, new maps, and new equipment released daily.

We’re going to have Halo the hero shooter, Halo the Counter-Strike clone, Halo the Fortnite clone, complete recreations of all the MP maps from Halo 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and Reach, etc come November/December.

To some extent, Season 3 is going to be a footnote where the real meat and potatoes is Forge.

So I’m not at all freaked out about a Season 3 that comes out in March. Waiting another 2 full months is what I find irksome.

4 Likes

I hope he’s joking ?? Idk, he sounds clueless…I just can’t fathom how you can think about that…

There was an article today or yesterday about the last Prey game and how Bethesda forced Arkane to use that name and how it was seen as super disrespectul…

You can’t change the team like that, it’s not like sports and you pick your devs and think about how they will make a better Halo game…

I mean Slegehammer doing basic stuff rather than entirely taking over such as creating new maps, working on improving the performance and stability, creating new weapons and game modes, etc. Since 343 just needs some sort of support studio that knows how to make live service games until 343 can find their own footing and do it themselves.

November is just 2 month away peeps.

2 Likes

Reminder, we’re live tonight with the latest YHMAH. It’s almost like we knew this news was coming today! :doge:

4 Likes

if you have any questions for us tonight please drop them at the link above.

1 Like

I laugh my ass off at the thought of one of the COD studios taking over halo. Help support halo… sure but take it over lol no.

5 Likes

That’s where the more ambitious stuff like Tatanka (BR) and Extraction (PvE) come in. Those will be pretty big for Infinite, I feel.

Preach!

1 Like

I get that people can be frustrated with some of their favorite games, but I do think most of us could be better off mental health wise in our gaming habits if we tried to focus more on the positive when possible. I played an amazing Halo campaign last holiday that was incredible fun for me, and I have also put a significant number of hours into Halo Infinite MP while actually progressing through battle pass type things for the first time in any such game. Based on the shared footage online of what people have been already creating in the Forge builds, I truly believe that can be a major game changer for content too. The new maps, modes, and mini battle passes and such will be fun for me too. Again, I get some of the frustration. But I intend to still have fun playing one of my favorite video game franchises regardless of online discourse :slight_smile:

7 Likes

2 long for me. :sunglasses:

Seriously though, it’s more about the combined wait than the 9 weeks remaining.

Personally I think 343 should get a polished presenter and experienced Forger like @Sikamikanico to give bi-weekly previews of Forge covering various aspects of it in each video. Could even use videos of the current creations bandied about to demonstrate various aspects. Could go over stuff that hasn’t been shown yet.

In these 9 weeks they could give fans and content creators something to anticipate (a bi-weekly short video), to receive (short videos a far easier to estimate, execute, and deliver), and to munch on (this gives content for content creators to make their own videos on).

It won’t cost a lot but it would go a long way in terms of not only keeping people patient but getting people excited. A 9-week ramp up makes a whole lot more sense than 9 weeks of silence.

1 Like

I thought Microsoft had a 18 months rule for contractors. If certain affinity is doing the BR how will that work? I’m sure they been working on it for over a year, and looking at this roadmap it’s probably not out until June 28th or later.

On a side note I love that studio and really hope that Microsoft does whatever it takes to acquire them.

1 Like

I agree. If Forge is as awesome as it appears, then they can at least control how they “market” this new capability to the player base and even new players.

1 Like

I doubt support studios fall under the same banner since they’re contracted to work as a company and not as an individual.

2 Likes

He’s right. 343 should prioritize fun and social over competitive and e-sports.

9 Likes

I agree. There is no point to chase e-sports if there is no mass consumer market that is interested in the game. Bring huge community and then bring back esports.

3 Likes

Soooo much to talk about.

Disapointed…about the decisions and choices that got us here. This has exceeded live service growing pains IMO.

Hopeful for the future. Changes have already been happening. Priorities to fix foundation before anything else is right decision.

Still incredibly excited for Forge…and a few other things.

Will be a fun YHMAH show tonight!

6 Likes

Honestly… After Halo Infinite, just retire Halo and let 343 work on something else… Maybe build something based on the movement in Halo 5.

If you watch the five seconds after that quote was taken out of context, it was specifically said that wasn’t meant to be a pro-player vs. casual takeaway. So I don’t think there’s much to be concerned about on that front.

For the full quote, it starts at around 5:30 in the Waypoint update video, and here’s the continuation:

“And so we want an experience where players can expect that the game is competitive and fair, and skill and teamwork should be a path to victory. The path to victory. That doesn’t mean abandoning social players. That’s not what that means, but it is about fairness and competition.”

So yeah… that tweet greatly takes the first part out of context to spin a narrative much like clickbait in media.

Edit:

Forgot link the video: https://youtu.be/Ramqlt7vxJ8

6 Likes

Can we atleast get multi-player splitscreen guest accounts… It doesn’t make sense to have to create Microsoft accounts and maintain them to play offline splitscreen.

Edit: mission replay delayed… Why is it so hard to implement it? I’d just like a real answer… Like a technical answer to why is it hard to implement…

There is something they promised that still didn’t come out… Raytracing… They said they’d add it in a patch… Where is it?

Oh jeez finally watching the video and they state exactly this. I hang my head in shame.

1 Like