HALOERA Podcast | You Had Me at Halo Podcast |OT| The Great Journey

Reminder if you have any questions drop 'em below!

Greetings Halo faithful.

The latest news from 343 gives me quite mixed feelings. On one hand we’re getting hyped for Forge and Co Op in a couple months. On the other, Season 2 won’t be over until March…yikes.

There is good news though. This does give Soulblazers plenty of time to complete his Multiplayer review!!

Heh, sorry Soul. I did recently tell Jess I gotta finally stop teasing you about that…but he told me “don’t stop, it’s hilarious”. So blame Jesse

Right under the buss, lil bro. HAH!!!

3 Likes

Hello Spartans!

Is it just me or does this seem like this is the final stretch for 343 in getting Infinite to the level where it needs to be to be a fully functioning live service title? Season 3 sounds like it’s going to be a proper 3 month season with proper progression, custom games browser, fixed UI, etc. It truly sounds like March will be when they’re “caught up” in addressing a lot of the backend issues that prevented them from executing at a level that most expect from live service titles.

I’m calling it right now, they’re going to hit the ground running in March. 3 month seasons with a constant stream of content from that point on.

-edit- ok I’ve just watched the video and they basically said this. I thought my prediction would make me sound like Nostradamus but now I sound like a Nostra-dumbass :expressionless:

3 Likes

Hello there,

I’ve just finished reading The Rubicon Protocol and I thought it was a great campaign companion so to speak. It would have made a good prequel DLC to Halo Infinite imho. So, a few questions on that note:

1. Do you think it would be a good idea to widen or perhaps separate the Halo franchise in gaming a bit, particularly on the singleplayer/co-op games front? Making the Halo Infinite F2P MP its own thing, more so than today. How would you go about doing that if you were in charge at Xbox? A 10 hour campaign every 6 years is not really using the IP very well imho.

2. What are your thoughts on The Rubicon Protocol? Is the bookcast happening? Favourite character?

Hugs, Mort.

2 Likes

We’re live this Thursday, leave your questions below! Sik is joining the show this week!

4 Likes

Hey fellow Halo nerds.

Question for the panel. Why isn’t Sik a millionaire from making Forge maps, living in luxury getting his toes sucked by beautiful women?

4 Likes

I don’t know man, you tell us :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hello Halo Followers,

crosshatch fire343. Tell me why 343 Industries should retain Halo as a response to the hashtag. That’s it. Answer the detractors.

GOC

Salutations YHMAH veterans. And hello to the new guy, Jake, or Josh, or whatever your name is. My question this week is, between upcoming additions like Forge, Battle Royal and Co-Op. What are you fellas looking forward to the most?

Myself, I have to say it is still Co-Op. As someone who got to try it in the beta along with Jesse Brother, Soul and Knottian by Nature, I still can’t get over how friggin fun and well put together that was. People are going to see what a valuable addition that mode is. Well…not all will. Many will elect to only focus on how it should have always been there (which it should) and on how there is no couch co-op this time, whether they would even play it split screen, or not

Speaking of which. you want to know the best way to identify which youtubers have some integrity and which ones will just puke out pure clickbait B.S. Look for the ones who posted headlines “343 cancels Co-Op for Halo Infininte” If they even bother to clarify in the video that it’s only couch-co-op, the headline does the damage. And they know it

Sorry to say some of the youtubers who have done this are not just known lying turd balls like Yong Yeah or Dreamcast Guy, but guys who I normally would not expect to pull this crap. Some have even been on this channel’s main Podcast. I won’t name names, but I will say those dudes can eat a broken glass laden dick!!!

Apologies if this has been covered ad nauseum, but how do you think 343 should split their focus on competitive Halo vs. casual Halo? While the first few HCS tournaments had impressive ratings, I can’t help but think if 343 focused on mostly fun events like The Yappening, they’d have a lot better engagement across the board.

2 Likes

This is not a question.

Yeah, agreed. And if they made yapyap’s mech and a horde of grunts in a firefight mode for casual play, I think a lot of people would love that craziness as well. The Yappening is some of the most fun I’ve had in multiplayer since it came out, though I do like land grab and some of the other modes.

Hello Spartans!

Question for Sik: how does it feel to have single handedly saved the Halo franchise? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The positive reaction to Forge is largely due to Curfew & I’m loving it. I like the idea of releasing maps that are tried and tested so we have something fun, and not just pretty, to play. Good call by 343.

So my real question for Sik: what is the one map from previous Halo games that you’d love to remake?

1 Like

Question I haven’t really seen. Could MS/343 pay Forge creators based on downloads and plays, same way Youtube or Tiktok or Spotify do?

Sik talked about his map taking 70-100 hours. We’ll always have dedicated hobbyists, the community will be healthy - but what are the implications (good or bad) of 343 actually assigning value to making this kind of content? Some maps get downloaded millions of times and played for years, arguably may keep the game alive for a trillion dollar company.

Pros, draws in creators, generates higher quality content, probably healthy for the game in the long run, people get compensated for their effort

Mixed, might shift in-house production to community content. Opens new debates about labor value, kids etc.

Cons, tricky to figure out payment for collaborations, featured maps, could be gamed by influencers.

Not expecting anything but curious about the conversations. My feeling is it would ultimately be a good thing for Halo and creators, actually make financial sense for 343, but the complexity of working it out will keep it from ever happening.

(not a question) I finally finished the podcast yesterday and it was fantastic. I was listening while cleaning/detailing the car and I didn’t want it to end, it was that good.

2 Likes

Awww, thanks friend. We didn’t either :wink:

Jon did :slight_smile: It was really late.

4 Likes

Abe, Austin, and Soul will be live tomorrow night to talk about the balance of casual vs. competitive and other topics around Halo Infinite tomorrow night. Leave any questions you have for us, about anything you want, below!

Reposting Owl Theory’s question, 'cos it missed out on the last YHMAH podcast.

Hello Halo Followers,

Halo 3’s birthday! Best of the lot, or sadly lacking?

GOC

Looks like we are delaying to next week, we’ll get to these questions then. I’m still sick, Soul is in a hotel, Dan is unavailable, so we decided to push things back one week to November 6th.

4 Likes