Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

I hope the pit and other map remakes arnt exactly a 1 to 1 remake.

Halo infinite has faster movement, and a grapple shot, clamber, and huge blast radius on nades. Halo 3 has slow movement and floaty jump.

Imo maps should be 25% larger. I’m imagining playing on lookout, guardian, and midship with infinites movements. I doubt they would play well in 4v4. Don’t think it would be a problem on some of the bigger maps though like high ground, ghost town, isolation.

1 Like

343 said as much when they were initially hesitant towards the idea of doing map remakes, so they are definitely aware. I’d imagine they’d plan for this, though people have also been yelling at them to just “stick in the old maps” so, eh, maybe they’ll have done just that.

1 Like

This is a reason why The Pit remake is still ‘work in progress’ - A lot of time has gone to make sure that it fits well with Infinite’s sandbox.

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware they said that, that’s good.

6 Likes

YHMAH is live tomorrow night, following the link if you have any questions for the panel.

This is an enlightening thread considering all the engine talk that broke out today. Some of it references Jason’s reporting previously which in hindsight, appears to have been very accurate based on what other developers and Jez Corden have both said. It does also highlight that one of the primary issues with Halo development, the tool set (Faber), is maturing and in a much better state today than it was back when the game was being finished.

3 Likes

Yeah, on Xbox Chaturdays, it seems Jez is ready to believe it as well, based on little investigations he did on the side as well. No confirmation for sure on his part, but he is believing it now too.

Let’s see if this new Halo on EU will play like Halo.

I think another potential good aspect of switching to Unreal would mean you could get a much better support from teams at The Coalition or Ninja Theory, who literally are mastering the engine.

1 Like

Im assuming when they mean switch they mean for the BR thing or any sequels?

What happens with Infinite? Do they cut support shorter than planned? What about things like forge going forward?

Maybe they intend for Forge to do the heavy lifting from now on. Forge seems absolutely bonkers as it is. Again, only if it is true.

Halo Infinite had the visual look similar to the original three Halo games, Halo 4/5 did not look like that. Let’s see if UE version will be Halo or not.

1 Like

I dont believe it. I can’t imagine this would feel right. Also Forge is made with slipspace. Maybe certain affinity’s project runs on unreal and thats where this rumor comes from. But other than that can’t see this happening. They spent years building the new engine just to throw it our the window? Yeah no.

2 Likes

I agree, that’s the biggest question right now ( IF it is true again ).

Idk who this guy even is, and I don’t really trust Sean.

2 Likes

That doesn’t mean the game will play and feel like Halo, lol.

That I didn’t say. I agree it would be the biggest question ( again IF the rumor is true ).

1 Like

5 Likes