Street Fighter 6 confirmed to release on Xbox

It feels kinda sad that we have to celebrate no exclusivity for Playstation :grimacing:

Though basically these two publishers - Capcom & Square Enix are in strong Sony marketing rights camp (and Square is in exclusivity camp). Sony had rights on Pragmata, Street Fighter, Resident Evill…

Oh fantastic! I really missed SF5 on Xbox, so glad that’s not happening again.

4 Likes

I have zero interest in fighting Games but happy for anyone that was hyped for this.

Seems like Capcom is just doing marketing partnership deals with Sony but now exclusivity

1 Like

The only thing I’m celebrating is the fact one tired old recurring discussion is retired now. :partying_face:

3 Likes

No interest in SF but glad its on xbox, I know it has a lot of fans, im actually surprised though, this had Sony moneyhat written all over it even if it was just timed

Maybe Capcom really is done with that crap completely

That art style is hella weird though lol

Don’t mind me, just posting my W’s.

14 Likes

Yep, Capcom is DONE with moneyhat exclusivity. Now hopefully worries over Capcom games die down.

6 Likes

But but but Sony is gonna acquire them … checks rumors … months ago!

2 Likes

Funny thing is, Xbox will be the best version, thanks to latency. Of course, not including PC but still. That said, looking forward to kick ass 1 on 1 and then hop back to Starfield instantly.

1 Like

Not really, it shows that things are shifting this generation. That’s very nice.

8 Likes

Also it seems to be a graphical downgrade in comparison to reveal.

Woah, don’t dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back there. :smile:

3 Likes

I noticed an interesting thing though, It’s only coming to Series. Not One. But is coming to PS4. KOFXV did it, the new One Piece JRPG is doing it.

Not that I mind.

Is this maybe what Nick’s source was confused and flip floppy about? Maybe Capcom was just considering if an Xbox One port would be worth doing?

By then, Xbox ecosystem will be catching up closely to One. Plus, they won’t have to deal with compromise, so by default, PS4 will be weakest version.

Huh. I can see why Jim increased production of PS4 now.

2 Likes

You did alot better articulating what I was thinking for awhile on this topic

Ever sense monster hunter world exploded Capcom has only taken money for marketing partnerships (which hell it’s basically free money and helps with marketing costs)

Another trailer that shows more gameplay, including the Ultra Combos for Luke and Ryu.

5 Likes

Am I the only one that absolutely saw Yakuza in that bit where they walk around in the city? Interesting change for the IP.

Music is nice

1 Like

It kinda makes sense, a good bulk of fighting game fans are on PS and many still cant get their hands on a ps5

Xbox One however is basically dead

If anything this sort of thing is good for xbox, makes it more likely for someone to pick up a Series S

Haha I was like what is this. Then clued in it is the multiplayer menus

1 Like