Xbox Acquisition |OT3| 100% Organic Growth

But enterprise software != consumer software. It is completely different areas and departments of Microsoft. I mean, they had the presence in China since 90s but Playstation launched PS5 earlier than them so that doesn’t mean much.

It means only that their budget for Xbox in Asia is still not big enough, it’s always a money matter. I severely doubt any japanese company would prefer chinese money than american ones, there are huge cultural and historical reasons for that.

Well, I don’t think it is a big deal considering how Tencent is able to buy and poach talent. I don’t think there is that much cultural and historical issue. There are not many ideological people anyways.

Not ideological, there are real security issues related to chinese expansion in Japan, it’s not coincidental they are only targeting small partnerships.

1 Like

Well, yeah that’s also true.

I’m still not convinced on “Sony locking down big JP 3rd parties”. What do they lockdown besides Final Fantasy? Even their attempt on Tango was put to rest by MS (no more Tango on PS after Ghostwire). I know it’s “”“rumored”“” they’re getting Dragon’s Dogma 2 And SFVI from Capcom, but I believe those rumors as much as I believed the rumor that DMC5 was gonna be a PS4 exclusive and run on Unreal Engine (and not to mention the actual Capcom data leak that has been correct on everything so far said those 2 titles will be on Xbox). I also don’t believe that Guilty Gear Strive was a paid exclusive (never featured in State of Play) nor do I believe that rumor that Sony is buying Arcsys for that reason.

I don’t particularly count their From or Kojima games as “locked down” either as they work with them to create new IPs.

Nonetheless my expectations for MS and Japan are rock bottom anyway. I’ll figuratively eat my shoe if Xbox even gets a single exclusive JRPG

1 Like

I listed only SE things, I’m also skeptical of any other rumours untile proven true. Anyway 1 > 0 XD

We Xbox customers deserve an exclusive from Japan, considering it’s a long ass time MS doesn’t do one.

Cool now we’re acquistion doomposting after NetEase buys a guy’s contract.

Cool

:roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Honestly I only need a freaking exclusive from Japan for Xbox, I don’t expect nor need an acquisition from over there, I’d buy other studios/publisher before.

You’ll get one… Remember Tango Softworks?

The Japanese Game Company that Microsoft owns.

4 Likes

Im going to keep beating this drum for aquring gears for breakfast and let them build any platformer they want to make.

Yeah, in 2025 if we’re lucky considering dev cycle, we aren’t even gettin prominence for their own game, because Sony got there first, lol.

Sigh

Knottian’s gonna have a helluva day ahead of him.

I mean, complaining about total lack of japanese exclusives on Xbox is only stating facts, there is nothing to moderate or dispute.

3 Likes

When I’m trying to be the voice of optimism, something’s FUCKED

5 Likes

Yeah were doom posting individual people now… what a ride

1 Like

There is no doom posting, at least from me, I’m only observing that MS doesn’t seem to be very proactive in japanese partnerships FOR NOW. There is this tendency to label everything as doom posting here, lol.

2 Likes

We don’t know WHAT Microsoft is doing anywhere.

For all we know, Microsoft could be in the final stages of buying Bandai-Namco for all we know.

Or a small Japanese start up company.

Can we just fucking chill.

Damn, that Pre-E3 nonsense got everybody edgy.

1 Like

No i was making fun of the fact that we talked about the yakuza director going to netease eariler.

I actually fully agree with you.

Though id rather them buy mistwalker (technically hawaiian studio)

1 Like

No they are buying something better a football sponsorship :stuck_out_tongue: