Xbox Acquisition |OT3| 100% Organic Growth

Nope, the protection laws do exist and were made specifically for the chinese, lol.

The official. Video. Is on xbox yt with a link, having a hard time typing

Cold Iron > Turtle Rock ? Look at how Alien Fireteams works.

England is the name of the team.

Oof. So NetEase might be the 4th company that ACG did imply?

Anyway with the good relations between Sony and Tencent, the more Tencent moves is making, the harder is for MS to get any foothold in Asia.

They don’t buy that much, but they invest and poach people.

What MS is doing in Japan then? Especially if the companies has no other options implying that aside Tencent and NetEase nobody invests in them anymore (considering Sony’s cut of the support). MS, WTF? Would not be surprised that it will buy a company but it will be some shell of it

Though couple of execs leaving from Square Enix would be beneficial from Square Enix lol.

IDK, considering Sony is investing shit outside SE deals, Nintendo has only specific partnerships considering its (bad) platform technical capabilities, MS is good enough with their step by step strategy I suppose, which imo is not nearly good enough, but we can only wait and see.

Sony is mostly investing into big names. Like Kojima or FromSoftware or Square Enix. Their support towards smaller studios is non-existent right now. Those studios mostly went to Nintendo in a sense that they are developing the games for the platform.

I think aside acquisitions, MS won’t be able to do much in Japan. Big studios are probably locked by Sony, smaller ones are either pivoted to Nintendo or now have the investments from Tencent and NetEase. MS don’t usually invest in studios though (like purchasing shares).

I wouldn’t be surprised if Rare situation occurs again, where MS buys the company we want but a lot of folks will leave and it will take years to return to former successes. Disappointing but MS is unlucky in general.

MS needs to get the damn ball rolling already

The crackdown from the government, accelerated the investment from chinese firms, so they are throwing more money on that. Considering how close Playstation and Tencent, it might be even beneficial for Sony.

Also reading regarding BitSummit on Era

Again, BitSummit is brought to you by Platinum Sponsors Nintendo, Tencent, Cygames, and the numerous other generous sponsors who continue to pledge their support to the event and indies all over the world.

This is the first time Tencent has sponsored Bitsummit and they’re coming in as a major sponsor. Bitsummit exists through sponsorships.

I wonder why MS did not get involved there too.

We’ll see, obviously if they don’t acquire anything and loose all big partnerships to Sony again like last gen (it has already begun bad with the FF craze lost for many years to come, interestingly enough last gen they begun with FF15 and KH3 multiplatform announcement lol), well, it would mean two things: they are not investing enough and/or the bridges they burnt are really big.

Yeah, either MS has an ace up its sleeve or they are being overbid and blindsided. Probably aside Europe they really have no chances to go big anywhere else. What can I say? Thoughts and prayers.

Nah, they have huge presence in Asia with enterprise software, they are simply not spending big, for now at least.

But enterprise software != consumer software. It is completely different areas and departments of Microsoft. I mean, they had the presence in China since 90s but Playstation launched PS5 earlier than them so that doesn’t mean much.

It means only that their budget for Xbox in Asia is still not big enough, it’s always a money matter. I severely doubt any japanese company would prefer chinese money than american ones, there are huge cultural and historical reasons for that.

Well, I don’t think it is a big deal considering how Tencent is able to buy and poach talent. I don’t think there is that much cultural and historical issue. There are not many ideological people anyways.

Not ideological, there are real security issues related to chinese expansion in Japan, it’s not coincidental they are only targeting small partnerships.

1 Like

Well, yeah that’s also true.

I’m still not convinced on “Sony locking down big JP 3rd parties”. What do they lockdown besides Final Fantasy? Even their attempt on Tango was put to rest by MS (no more Tango on PS after Ghostwire). I know it’s “”“rumored”“” they’re getting Dragon’s Dogma 2 And SFVI from Capcom, but I believe those rumors as much as I believed the rumor that DMC5 was gonna be a PS4 exclusive and run on Unreal Engine (and not to mention the actual Capcom data leak that has been correct on everything so far said those 2 titles will be on Xbox). I also don’t believe that Guilty Gear Strive was a paid exclusive (never featured in State of Play) nor do I believe that rumor that Sony is buying Arcsys for that reason.

I don’t particularly count their From or Kojima games as “locked down” either as they work with them to create new IPs.

Nonetheless my expectations for MS and Japan are rock bottom anyway. I’ll figuratively eat my shoe if Xbox even gets a single exclusive JRPG

1 Like

I listed only SE things, I’m also skeptical of any other rumours untile proven true. Anyway 1 > 0 XD

We Xbox customers deserve an exclusive from Japan, considering it’s a long ass time MS doesn’t do one.

Cool now we’re acquistion doomposting after NetEase buys a guy’s contract.

Cool

:roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Honestly I only need a freaking exclusive from Japan for Xbox, I don’t expect nor need an acquisition from over there, I’d buy other studios/publisher before.