Xbox Acquisition |OT3| 100% Organic Growth

September is the month fellas. Games start rolling out in November. If they’re gonna do a big reveal it should be before forza otherwise the publicity over laps.

1 Like

When is the suppose Playstation event? cause i would think Xbox would want to reveal any Acquisition news if there is any right before the Sony event to steal their thunder.

Or right after in response

I think so too. Maybe mid September. I am seeing a lot of talk on Twitter and gaming forums praising Psychonauts 2 as one of the best games of the year. Its been less than a week since the game released and they also just dropped Halo’s release date and now people are extremely excited it has an official date. I think they want to spread the good news out a little bit.

Yeah that works to we just want some Acquisition news it been too long.

Acquisition season

Edit: added English article

5 Likes

Nooooo :(. Im sure the Yakuza franchise will be fine but its still sad seeing Nagoshi leave

According to Bloomberg:

Tencent, the world’s largest games publisher, regards Japanese content as a potential anchor for its increasingly critical effort to build a Disney-style global media juggernaut that also spans video, music and books. It’s on the brink of adding another studio to its string of acquisitions in recent years, according to the people.

(…)

“Tencent and NetEase have been speaking to just about all publicly traded studios here and are actively courting some privately held developers, too,” said Tokyo-based industry analyst Serkan Toto of Kantan Games. “They both feel pressure to make headway in Japan, especially since game regulations in their home market are becoming increasingly restrictive.”

(…)

Between them, Tencent and NetEase have struck more than 20 deals in Japan so far, zeroing in on smaller teams and individual creators rather than big names like Square Enix Holdings Co. and Sega. Several others are in active negotiation on potential tie-ups, with NetEase proposing a more hands-on and collaborative approach, the people said.

(…)

Publicly-announced minority acquisitions by Tencent include PlatinumGames Inc., which has developed games for Square Enix and Nintendo, and console games publisher Marvelous Inc. The Chinese company has also backed Bokeh Game Studio, a startup led by founders who’d previously created hit games for Sony. That growing track record of deals is also helping build confidence among other prospective investment targets, the people said.

1 Like

MS needs to make some moves Tencent is no joke they will try and buy any one they can.

2 Likes

Losing Nagoshi would be a big loss to Sega. He may have not made the best business decisions. IE Sega could have supported the Switch a lot more under his leadership. But man he knows games. He is a living legend. I fear Sega could even lose talent and follow Nagoshi to wherever he goes. If I am MS and I am thinking about purchasing Sega then I also want Nagoshi to be there too.

1 Like

If japanese studios are being more receptive to foreign investment lately because of the pandemic and sonys lack of support as that article claims, then theres no reason for xbox to not at least inquire into more japanese studios.

6 Likes

I am half expecting my neighbour to have been acquired too. The family is on vacation for far too long. :rofl:

1 Like

Whats the track record of companies like netease, Tencent and embracer? Do they keep titles to specific platforms with partnerships or they have a complete open platform approach

If they have an open platform approach, then they are not any major concern for xbox ( or say me who loves games on Xbox and PC)

If the game gonna end up on Xbox, no major loss for me a gamer.

I find strange that the chinese can make so many moves in the japanese market indisturbed, the laws people usually quote were made for them. MS should not let Tencent and the likes steal its thunder over there.

1 Like

What really sucks a out this is that after finally trying Yakuza like a Dragon, it felt like for the first time in a while another developer outside of Capcom was able to replicate that Arcade feel.

3 Likes

If it helps, Nagoshi wasnt super involved in Like a Dragon. Its director was Ryosuke Horii

Anyways all this news just reaffirms my theory no one actually knows anything about Xbox. All those acquisition season, five studios at E3, Crytek, I think everyone is just riffing off of each “Insiders” points. And make vague comments like new ips coming soon, studio acquisitions coming next season.

Bruh if you keep saying that and other insiders who are more reliable than you say it ahead of time doesn’t mean these guys know anything. They all just jump into the bandwagon hoping to get clout if it comes true.

1 Like

Xbox just announcedcthe unexpected big video.release they britain’s official game partner ,not just esprts ,regbsports and football

This should show you that these ‘laws’ were always some internet bullshit.

1 Like

You mean England’s official game partner :wink:.

1 Like