Street Fighter 6 Hype

That would be incredible.

1 Like

Waiting for my copy in the mail, but sad to see there’s wait times at launch on xbox. I think they really need to implement crossplay for these fighting games because I think Xbox might’ve lost the FGC crowd last gen due to SFV exclusivity

Still holding out hope for Xbox version.

I’m still hanging on to what @Shpeshal_Nick said during the podcast and just waiting…

1 Like

Assuming the announcement is Street Fighter then there’s not even a doubt that it’s multiplat because of this

https://twitter.com/ALumia_Italia/status/1494573519233028096

Whatever they’re announcing is multiplat, anyway. I’m in the camp of it being Street Fighter and it being multiplat.

No question in my mind that 6 will be abck on all platforms

4 Likes

They are REALLY pushing Luke.

1 Like

So hyped for this. I just hope they don’t ruin the artstyle. I’m used to that japanese prints artstyle. It was really fitting for the series imo.

Man, SF back on Xbox ! I was worried it would never happen. I can’t wait !

2 Likes

What did he say then?

He said at first his source told him it’s multiplat (this was before the Capcom leak where it was indeed listed as multiplat), but said his source later came back and said Sony was moneyhatting it (apparently Ono wanted it multiplat this time, but since he left Sony stepped in and started moneyhatting). Nick says he gets the feeling there is no moneyhat because this is Capcom themselves announcing it, instead of at a Sony showcase like SFV was.

I too firmly believe it’s multiplat. If Sony threw money around I think the “most” they’re getting is a marketing deal and exclusive demoes/beta tests

Plus if this particular countdown is SFVI (so much stuff is lining up for it to be) then that tweet of Capcom adding stuff to the MS store is confirmation of multiplat by now.

1 Like

I am also in that camp. Xbox and Capcom are not the same position as it was last gen.

And unlike Square Enix, Capcom is interested in growing their own franchises.

They crippled SF with the last title moneyhat. XD

1 Like

Probably. I don’t think SF has the same hype anymore. Launch it in Game Pass :joy:

Why are people excited? Didn’t Ed say a few months ago it was going to be playstation exclusive?

We are not that sure anymore. Market has changed.

1 Like

Announcement in 7 hours right?

Not “probably,” SF was indeed crippled and went from being the premiere fighting franchise to being overtaken by Mortal Kombat. That, combined with the lackluster media reception and terrible launch, makes me surprised if Capcom would ever take a Sony moneyhat for the franchise again. I could be wrong, because money speaks, but still.

Would be amazing to have it go into Game Pass, though, lol.

2 Likes

Interested in the art style the most. Some people clown on SFV art for whatever reason but i absolutely love ot.

1 Like

Street Fighter 2 had a very short reign. These are the big fighting games imo. Street Fighter II

Mortal Kombat 1-3

Tekken 1-3

Soul Caliber 1-2, DOA2

Tekken Tag

Mortal Kombat 9-11

Well…the trailer was a let down for me. I dont like a countdown leading to such a nothing of a trailer. Style ill have to see more, but hope it is more colorful in action.