Street Fighter 6 announced!

SF5 announcement did have announced platform and flat out said exclusive. Here, well, guess we have to wait. It’s been a long time for Capcom to go exclusive that isn’t Switch. With PS and Xbox, it hasn’t been the case since that game. Can it happen again? Don’t know. Time will tell.

These countdowns to teasers of an announcement of an announcement need to stop entirely. Its one of the worst parts of the gaming industry.

11 Likes

This trailer was not for the casual audience , this was for the FGC .

1 Like

Yep SFV was announced at Playstation Experience 2014 and they immediately painted “EXCLUSIVE” on it. They wasted no time flaunting it.

Capcom themselves announced this and haven’t attached Playstation’s name to it. It just doesn’t fit Sony’s usual MO. They don’t get the moneyhatted companies to withhold this stuff, they flaunt it right away.

Apparently, the cat who directed Bayonetta 2 is working on the game -

Playstation is tweeting about the fighting game collection but not SFVI… Would they really hold off on talking about their own exclusive…?

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/with_replies

2 Likes

Wonder if the lack of platforms is due to it being fully gameplay revealed at a state of play where the exclusive tag will have a bigger impact for playstation? Hope it’s not for the fans on Xbox but wouldn’t be suprised

2 Likes

It was a teaser…not a full reveal.

I hope I’m wrong but got a bad feeling about it, along with with Jez/Nick said.

Im hoping Phil gets Capcom on the phone to try and get SF6 on Xbox like he did with MHW. Just hope it makes it over to Xbox this time.

character models look like they belong in a RenPY WEG.

1 Like

Tho ngl RE engine looking beautiful as ever .

There is no difference. The game was not revealed before, it is now. It was a reveal. We dont say that Fable wasnt revealed because it only got a 1 minute CGI trailer :roll_eyes:

Not a fan of Street Fighter looking more "realistic " but i guess its the newest casualty in the bid to get rid of stylization in games.

I guess i was hoping Capcom would go for a more Guilty Gear esque cell shaded art style but the Capcom that had amazing art direction in their fighters, clearly died in the 90’s and they’ll never release anything that looks as good as Third Strike ever again. Oh well. At least Red Earth finally gets a console release after 26 years of waiting.

1 Like

It seems the art style has finally changed, good :+1:t3:

There’s a good chance it wasn’t a full reveal because it’s going to be fully revealed at a Sony event.

Remember Sony had allocated a budget for getting games this gen and when MS got Bethesda they put it to use on strategic games like Star Wars. SF6 is another focal point. Last time MS didn’t bite on SFV because they had KI. This time there are rumors again of a new KI, would MS pay for SF when they have their own property coming back?

Idk but I hope it’s Ark System Works that’s making the new KI. And if so hopefully it’s on MS radar to acquire them.

SF6 releasing on Xbox will help KI get more audience, cuz the mainstream most popular IP in the genre will garner most audience and then some of that will percolate down to more lesser known games like KI. I don’t think it should be “ah well we have KI so SF6 doesn’t matter”.

3 Likes

If they dare Moneyhat it again then Phil will just buy another game company everytime they moneyhat Phil buys

3 Likes

For the record, KoFXV did the same and remember the last one was on PS only. Only time will tell, everyone. Just wait and continue living without worries.

2 Likes

Ain’t no one worry losing SF6 to Moneyhat is not gone to kill Xbox SF5 only did around 6 million sold the only game that can truly killed another console wile being moneyhat are the ones that sell over 20 million plus Street Fighter wile a very good fighting game franchise is still no where near other big game when comepare to the other behemoth games out there

No platform announced, meh. I also don’t like insiders fearmongering with no proofs. It’s clear SF6 skipping Xbox would be a MS failure and the nail in the coffin for the genre and would also reveal Capcom stance with the platform (not unlike SE honestly). I’m still positive anyway, why not saying it immediately.

1 Like