Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

This phrase is common enough to mean literally anything.

3 Likes

Tell that to Take Two.

The only publisher I think Nintendo would straight up go for is Koei Tecmo because they’re a good partner for both exclusives and almost everything they make is released on Switch (only games that straight up would not run on it without serious downgrades aren’t put there)

However in the unlikely scenario Capcom is acquired I can see Nintendo start doing some poaching. Getting key Monster Hunter team members over with them and having them put to work on “Creature Killer” or whatever. MH is almost as important as Nintendo’s own IPs for their hardware. It’s a big factor on what made the 3DS basically kill the Vita

but what if Tango Acquire Capcom…

FJZaRJSXsAQw-Jf

1 Like

I did not read Jeff’s tango comment as having an underlining implication. At face value, he’s just saying that companies who may not have been up for grabs previously could be on the table now that the market is so hot. Names that come to mind are Ubisoft, CDPR, Moon, etc.

3 Likes

I look at that list and literally the only PS moneyhat is SFV (which is why I think people keep equating Capcom to Sony).

SFVI was even mentioned to be coming to all platforms except Switch in the Capcom data breach leak (current gen and next gen, that includes Xbox). So I wonder if that game being multiplat (we’ll see when it’s revealed) is basically a statement that Capcom is NOT interested in going exclusive?

With how successful they are right now, the premium would be way too high for Sony anyway (possibly over Bethesda level)

If Sony is interested in making “Capcom = Playstation” the most they can do are timed exclusives (also unlikely, Capcom sees the value in multiplat now. MH Rise was a weird exception because it was tailor made for Switch)

2 Likes

All that tells me is Sony is either making a big studio or small pub purchase or alternatively some more big moneyhat exclusives to keep stuff off of xbox and gamepass.

He doesnt get “excited” for anything Microsoft.

Geoff isn’t just any insider, he is a very big person in gaming and has a lot of friends of the gaming world. I trust him when it comes to insider knowledge.

Also what he said is something we all known anyways. Gaming consolation is getting faster and faster.

1 Like

Acquisitions, Son!

2 Likes

What would everyone’s dream Acquisition?

Mine would be SquareSoft personally. Xbox has a huge gap for JRPGS and an exclusive Tomb Raider would also be an answer to Uncharted. Although I wouldn’t mind Nintendo buying them too, giving their amazing, long relationship.

The only other big acquisitions I’d care for are; EA, Ubisoft, or Take Two.

Capcom and Sega

Maybe Square West as well

Publisher: SEGA

Studio: this one’s tough…. Gotta be between Supergiant or Asobo… probably.

You mean Enix, the glory days of Squaresoft are long gone

My choice is either Sega or Capcom, massive back catalogues that could either be put on gamepass or in Sega’s case do something nuts with backcompat like Dreamcast/Saturn etc

All the major ones like EA, T2 and Ubisoft are so boring nowadays, they do nothing for me

Dream acquisition would be EA, bring Bioware back to the fam. Idk how regulators would look at the two of the three biggest game streaming services merging though, so for realistic I’ll say CDPR. Behind Xbox they would not be rushed and would have support to let their talent create the best games possible and they do just make the best games :green_heart:

Sega. Forever.

Given that AT&T is spinning off WarnerMedia I wouldn’t be surprised if MS buys Warner Games.

I’m starting to think the shrimp is killing him mentally.

1 Like

Nintendo.