XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

I just listened to the iron lords podcast and they had a good idea. The system weather it be xbox or ps should make it so you can’t review the game on that system until you beat it. The game would let you know when you beat it like a achievement. Reviewers should have to show this on metacritic to get thier score counted, Thiswould prevent people from reviewing games they never play

Yesss. Do you still happen to play any of the fan games or rom hacks?

I recently finished Pokémon Unbound (main story part at least) and it is really good, plus there’s an insane amount of post game and events. Easily one of the best rom hacks ever for sure.

Legends of the arena is one of the more interesting story heavy fan games that I played, really good, but haven’t gotten to complete it. But it’s just 1-3 gens I think, so not as much modern mechanics and QoL besides maybe P/S Split.

Phoenix Rising was such an anticipated game but looks like there’s no progress on it whatsoever for the past 4 years or some shit. I’ve given up :pensive:

1 Like

I play them sometimes! Recently ive had issues actually committing to finishing a playthrough though, so a lot of them get stopped halfway through. I remember getting most of the way through unbound and i just ended up not playing it again. Its very good! but i just stopped for some reason lol

1 Like

Started with The Witcher season 2, very nice first episode I must say. Not sure if all of these are spoilers but I’ll just tag them anyway…

What I really liked here was…

The interaction between Geralt and Ciri, just really enjoyed them and I hope many more will follow.

The fact that everything happens in the present, no more convoluted and unnecessarrily confusing timelines.

It really reminded me of those amazing side quests in The Witcher 3. It’s adapted from one of the books.

One thing about the story…

So Nivellen seemed like a fine dude, a stand up dude who had just made a huge mistake in the past with that temple. Until we find out he had done a horrifying thing, raped the priestess there. Him being turned into the creature was his punishment, his curse.

Why was the curse lifted when Vereena was killed? Vereena had nothing to do with what Nivellen had done to the priestess, nor had she anything to do with the crime he committed.

I’m probably overthinking stuff.

1 Like

Yeah. XD

He simply paid the price of his crimes losing someone who loved, that’s the ultimate punishment.

1 Like

“New Project” announced this year… Remember, the Capcom data breach leak DID list Xbox as a platform for SFVI. I’m confident we’re getting it.

3 Likes

How many of those were actually playing though? 2million? :wink:

Ah, opening twitter this morning and seeing all devs dunk on Mike Shinodas asinine NFT shilling warms my heart. There is hope!

2 Likes

We’ll see, this is a make or break moment for FG on Xbox, another miss on SF and it’s over.

I didn’t know platforms were listed. Were there also platforms listed for Dragon’s Dogma 2 and Monster Hunter games?

I remember Phil being very sorry about missing out on SFV years ago, so I can’t imagine he wants to miss out again.

4 Likes

Yes for both. And yes Xbox for both. It had DD2 shown for 2022 (definitely not happening now) and Monster Hunter 6 for 2023 (doubt).

The leak is real as many games that were on it were announced and released (Great Ace Attorney HD and that Ghosts n Goblins remake for example). I would say Covid messed up their internally planned dates pretty hard.

I’m not even sure why there is concern over DD2 exclusivity. All I saw was 1 random nobody who I think was a fanboy twitter account catch wind of DD2 being in the leak and hamfisted “PS5 EXCLUSIVE!!!” onto it.

3 Likes

I need that Monster Hunter 5 baaaaadly. I never thought MHW was going to be such a fantastic experience but me and my buddies had one hell of a time with it, many many hours. 2018 started with two loved ones passing away for me, but I was able to escape into that game world, I’ll never forget that.

Yep it was one of my fav games from last gen. I was already a MonHun fan since MH3U on 3DS going into it and loved it. It is my most played game from 2018 and 2019 on the Xbox museum and I think is on my top 5 most played Xbox games of all time list there too. Even on Switch I put 300 hours into MH Gen Ultimate (that is not counting my 3DS version playtime from the base version!) and also 100 hour on MH Rise (I am waiting on the DLC now). Let’s not even talk about my MH4U time (my favorite entry and is maybe a top 10 game for me)… GOAT series.

1 Like

I guess Take Two CEO took Phil’s advice.

YOOO screenshots??

@Friday @pg2g @Fiendflag

7 Likes

Played Front Mission 5 countless of times on PC and it’s a damn shame that all modern mech games are either in 1st person, 3rd person action, or RTS. Only played a few hours of AC a decade ago and still don’t like the action genre behind those cool-looking mechas.

Maybe SE would revive the franchise in future. Then again even if they would it wouldn’t be tirn-based for damn sure.

That’s Armored Core alright, hope it’s good.

1 Like

What’s a worse video game?

Yeah. As much as I love the Souls games, I hope From doesn’t just make a Mecha Souls Armored Core reboot or whatever. Have it preserve its own identity please. :pray:

4 Likes