Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Not bigger but paradox is pc centric.

2 Likes

It’s carry over from the acquisition thread where names like Take Two and EA are being thrown around.

I just got to that part and yes, I agree.

Well see. Even 360 couldn’t beat ps3 in Europe. Only in UK 360 outsold ps3.

Street Fighter 6 won’t be exclusive again. Capcom aren’t that stupid. Surely not.

1 Like

I said it in another thread but SFV was ONLY PS4 exclusive because Capcom was in financial trouble at the time and Sony stepped in to literally partially fund the game. That’s why it’s exclusive forever. I don’t even consider it a moneyhat because it sounds like the game wouldn’t have been made without Sony.

Capcom is far from being in trouble nowadays and AFAIK SFV was their only “moneyhat”, they are firmly a multiplat dev now. If Sony was moneyhatting them they’d have gotten RE8, or at the very least, Pragmata exclusively, but they didn’t. SFVI will for sure be on Xbox, it was even in the Capcom data breach that it would be.

2 Likes

Excellent post! Thanks for sharing.

Sony used their strength (market share) to dominate and cripple the competition. Xbox doesn’t have enough market to retaliate using the same tactics.

As long as the publishers were agreeing with Sony = Xbox was cornered and had no hope!

This leaves Xbox with only one option to neutralize this tactic: buying the publishers themselves!

Now, as the publishers, they can refuse these PS exclusive deals, and that also comes with a huge bonus … now Xbox can get the exclusives!

It’s a costly option, but fortunately they are MS.

Now Sony can’t use their tactic anymore, and just like Xbox a couple of years ago, they find themselves unable to counter the competition. They don’t have they enough money just like Xbox didn’t have enough market share.

Now it’s Sony’s turn to feel cornered and hopless.

2 Likes

To the sony cult who was shit talking all last gen

4 Likes

The reason why switch sells so well

These sort of articles could probably help MS push it through if it does get questioned. MS just says we needed to spend this money and buy ABK to respond to what our competitors are doing to remain competitive. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Or all the articles talking about Xbox failing and Microsoft abandoning it.

Well, these deals that will save Xbox and balance things out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I saw a comment online about the argument the Activision deal is limiting consumer choice and anti consumer.

Past CoD Vanguard: PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series, PS4, PS5

CoD: PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series and via xCloud on smartphone, tablets, low end laptops, TV any device with a browsers.

I am bad at math, please tell me which CoD has more consumer choice.

3 Likes

Time exclusives are the definition of anti consumer. Nobody benefits. Not even the own consumers.

5 Likes

Non-sense when a single game can catapult the number of subs to an subscription service.

Exactly, ff16/forspoken probably started development as a multiplatform game years and years ago.

2 Likes

Why do you Think It Will Be CA? i mean, they are incredibile developers. Maybe for their experience on Warhammer? For sure. In this case i Will expect a much bigger RTS in terms of scale Battles and Graphic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFpt1JJh2Vg

1 Like

People acting like MS is General Shepherd, Sony is Ghost and Gamers are Roach :joy:

3 Likes

I laugh at these reports that Microsoft buying ActiBlizz is bad.

It’s bad that employees actually get the chance to work on something they actually want to work on? Creative freedom is bad?

It’s bad that Bobby Kotick will be outta there?

It’s bad that we very likely will see the return of beloved franchises from our childhoods?

It’s bad that CoD will likely get a much needed break, which can make it actually a great game again?

So y’all rather have had Apple, Amazon or Google buy them? Meaning we very likely wouldn’t have had these games on either Xbox, PS and Switch?

Fuck outta here.

Xbox doesn’t get Spidey ever again on their console, why didn’t we hear you then? FF no more on Xbox. But that’s good eh?

15 Likes

It’s not worth dwelling on this much anymore tbh. People will just choose to be blind and extreme.

2 Likes