Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT2| The NeverEnding Acquisition

Continuing the discussion from Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1) - #10102 by EldenDarkwraith.

Previous discussions:

7 Likes

Hell of deal to make before final talks with the FTC tomorrow.

20 Likes

This has got to be Sony’s reaction right now -

R (6)

5 Likes

I didnt believe phil would actually tweet something like that during night

2 Likes

MS waited until they could play all their cards all at once. I wouldn’t be surprised if they still have one more trick left

13 Likes

I just can’t see the FTC blocking it. Who wants to make labor unions mad,take games away from 200+k gamers and make your bosses life harder.

10 Likes

More like

13 Likes

I think that checkmate… No other reason to stop this deal now.

9 Likes

So what reason is there to block this now other than “big tech = bad!”

1 Like

Im far too sleepy to provide comprehensive thoughts on this, but good lord, what a savvy play.

11 Likes

Microsoft:

19 Likes

Or maybe…

R

9 Likes

Yeah like “what the hell Nintendo?! We thought we were talking for you?!” Sony really thinks they are the center of the gaming industry.

Its going to be a really really interestind day.

12 Likes

Releasing COD on Nintendo is huge. It would be dope if they release collections of COD games they’ve missed since the last COD on a Nintendo platform was Ghost on Wii U

10 Likes

COD is a huge IP it was always going to be on all platforms and Microsoft using this as a play like they didn’t want it but were forced is so smart.

Microsoft: oh gee darn it I can’t believe we gotta sign a deal to put it on all these platforms darn that just sucks but ok then.

Microsoft behind closed doors: LOLwe were gonna do that anyway, can’t believe Sony fell for that what a easy win

:joy:

16 Likes

I want cross platform progress

7 Likes

One more thing: THIS is how a business becomes a trillion dollar company. The CWA commitment yesterday and this bombshell tonight leave regulators (and Sony) nowhere to go. THIS is a checkmate. THIS is a masterclass in negotiation tactics.

11 Likes

There still the cloud part but…MS as already every aspect regulators had/has concerns with the deal and getting ninti’s help completely destroy one of the Cma’s theories of harms.

6 Likes

Great point, simultaneously destroying the argument by the CMA that Nintendo is not included.

20 Likes

Microsoft will want that too because a person playing game through gamepass may also want to buy game on Nintendo to carry their progress on the go.

10 Likes