Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT2| The NeverEnding Acquisition

Let’s go!! I love this leadership from Microsoft and Team Xbox!!

9 Likes
14 Likes

Can’t have good news without Ryan being Ryan

19 Likes

Phil’s already confirmed it will be native didn’t be

6 Likes

This is all we know https://twitter.com/shannon_liao/status/1600345192669728769?s=46&t=hE04KWIoR_RlQkIfWCPVtQ

9 Likes

Maybe they should just cancel COD and get them all to work on Grounded 2 instead of wasting their time on a Switch port

12 Likes

It says development starts after June 2023. This is about Switch 2, and I think will definitely be native. I’m actually certain Nintendo just showed Phil the Switch 2 specs since CoD was involved.

The tweet does not say “Nintendo Switch” after all.

8 Likes

Nah, that’s gonna take resources away, who’s gonna work Elder Scrolls 7 and Fallout New Vegas 3 then?

2 Likes

Microsoft will be buying SEGA and cancelling the Sonic 3 movie to move that team onto Elder Scrolls 7 and Fallout New Vegas, those teams will be moved onto making the Sonic 4 movie instead

7 Likes

Bethesda might be a big part of this - they’ve had multiple switch releases in the past including Doom/Doom Eternal running natively which I remember being touted as a technical wonder.

8 Likes

Still I doubt nintendo is going to release a powerful machine after switch, they stopped caring about power since the gamecube

1 Like

Rumor says it based on Nvidia again and will support DLSS.

I can see 1080p 60fps COD on Switch 2.

7 Likes

I mean sure that sounds enough but we have been hearing this rumours for a veey long time, the promised “pro” version of switch

Do you not think Nintendo is creating a new console after the Switch? yeah the pro has been rumoured for a while but there will be a Switch 2 with improved internals that should be good enough to run cod at low settings with DLSS.

From rumors and just my guess it will be at least somewhat stronger than the base PS4.

Then plus DLSS it should be good to go.

Not Switch pro. It’s obvious there is no Switch “mid-gen upgrade” coming at this point. It’s about Switch 2, or whatever the next Nintendo hardware is called. It’s definitely coming out 2023-2024.

It’s certainly gonna run CoD natively I feel.

1 Like

Looks like MS is better at playing these sorts of games than Sony.

12 Likes

This is the final message from Microsoft, they are no longer playing the good guys.

10 Likes

Of course they are but what I mean is that I just dont believe their next consoles is around the corner especially with the huge success that switch is having right now, maybe I am wrong

https://twitter.com/dinabass/status/1600361846288285697

Oh, and he’s talking about day and date ports with other versions. Not just CoD mobile or anything

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/12/06/call-duty-nintendo-microsoft-sony-xbox/

“Once we get into the rhythm of this, our plan would be that when [a Call of Duty game] launches on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC, that it would also be available on Nintendo at the same time.”

21 Likes

Comity between Sony and MS is definitely on the outs, at least under the current Sony (gaming) leadership. Oof.

1 Like