Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT2| The NeverEnding Acquisition

Finally

Let’s go! Team Xbox it’s time! Your 1st party is cooking and working hard! The rivalry is back!!

1 Like

They’ve systematically dismantled all concerns except cloud. I dont think cloud ia a real threat, but since they’ve systematically gone after every other argument stated in any issues document from regulators, I wonder if they will do anything about cloud or juat leave that one lay :thinking:

1 Like

How long until the FTC meeting ? Will we hear anything you guys think ?

1 Like

They meet tomorrow. Given how things are going, I’ll guess we hear leaks.

1 Like

Brad Smith’s retweet:

10 Likes

I don’t think the high success will stop them from making a new console, if anything they can keep the old Switch around for a few years while it sells well and release the next version for all those like myself who bought a Switch at launch.

11 Likes

I would love to hear Phil’s unfiltered opinion of Sony and their leadership. I remember an interview a few years ago where he had to stop himself from saying something bad and you could tell just how frustrated he was. I believe it was in relation to the Minecraft crossplay issue where Sony’s excuse was they were looking out for the safety of their players.

16 Likes

I’m guessing Microsoft will pressure them into making an announcement or agreement that they agree to terms and announce the deal will pass and be signed in January

Probably they are the one of the reasons why MS went with this PR tsunami.

10 Likes

Fantastic move from Microsoft mainly because:

1. Puts pressure on regulators and shows Microsoft´s intentions are real and they are indeed commited to what they claim.

2. COD on Switch 2 can make a truckload of money.

Fuck Sony.

10 Likes

Yeah I can’t imagine that any of the Xbox leaders have a lot of love for Sony, they went extremely hard against Xbox last gen even when they were already very far ahead and had the generation in the bag and the Minecraft thing like you just mentioned, going after Bethesda games which probably accelerated Microsoft’s purchase of Bethesda and now trying to stop Microsoft’s biggest gaming deal ever… Sony has likely burned all of their bridges with Microsoft now haha…

6 Likes

I would love a world where Nintendo and MS continue a partnership, Game Pass ends up on Switch, and Sony is left behind as the game industry moves forward without them.

20 Likes

I would love this scenario if it then forces them to change leadership to someone who isn’t awful. Jim Ryan is the absolute worst and I can’t wait for him to be shown the door.

10 Likes

Kotaku, whilst bullshit in their frame and analysis has this very interestig titbit from Gabe Newell, Steam, and their agreement.

Microsoft offered and even sent us a draft agreement for a long-term Call of Duty commitment but it wasn’t necessary for us because a) we’re not believers in requiring any partner to have an agreement that locks them to shipping games on Steam into the distant future b) Phil and the games team at Microsoft have always followed through on what they told us they would do so we trust their intentions and c) we think Microsoft has all the motivation they need to be on the platforms and devices where Call of Duty customers want to be.

22 Likes

The mainstream media are truly clueless about gaming :rofl:

15 Likes

Gabe Newell supports the deal…

13 Likes

It’s hilarious.

But ironically this mindset probably helps Microsoft since the CMA mentioned similar points and now Microsoft is bringing CoD to a new platform making it potentially more attractive to a different demographic and even hurting Xbox.

I don’t necessarily buy it, but Microsoft is kind of checkmating arguments from regulators about the Switch being in a different market.

Basically what I said.

That part of the CMA’s argument is looking increasingly flimsy with this deal.

It also makes Sony look increasingly isolated within the industry and that their arguments are coming from a selfish need to protect their business, and not any concern for the health of the industry, because said industry looks increasingly supportive of the deal.

3 Likes

Oh Kotaku, please close up shop or get non clickbait article headlines. “Bizarre Pledge”. :angry:

8 Likes