Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT2| The NeverEnding Acquisition

This week is gonna have a lot of news.

1 Like

Not just the title though, the whole thing is click bait. Ranging from the Switch can’t run CoD to the valve agreement is casual to frame these as things that won’t happen.

He even links one of his own tweets saying regulators should ask Phil how he will get it running on switch.

The only bizarre thing here is the journo’s take :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What did I just wake up to?! Also this…

The beast unleashed!

10 Likes

tenor (1)

11 Likes

Phil Dominus Maximus Aurelius Spencer :fire:

We need to add Nintendo to chair and Steam to tape :joy:

2 Likes

Sony clearly isn’t willing to accept a deal such as ten years. So then I wonder, once the deal does get approved, what happens? They will keep getting CoD but there’s no real deal that this will at least last ten years?

Personally I don’t care about exclusivity anymore, but because of Sony being such a bitch it would be so beautiful if they would miss out on everything now, because of their ridiculous behaviour. But I’m sure it doesn’t work that way.

Surely when it all comes down to it Sony probably will have to agree. I just hope this is the only big consession by MS.

1 Like

Funniest (and most deserved) outcome would be COD releasing on Nintendo consoles but not on Playstation.

I don´t know what would happen if Sony still doesn´t want to accept said concession, I guess regulators could greenlight the acquisition regardless?

4 Likes

Yeah, not gonna lie, that would be beautiful. I can only imagine the silly tweets by fanboys and them especially being very frustrated with their Lord and saviour. :joy:

4 Likes

It’s funny how it’s still on CoD. Aftermath would be like:

Microsoft: It’s an honor to have CoD on all platforms while the future with other titles remain with us forever.

Sony: The what titles???

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah, they truly don’t seem to give a shit about all the other games, lmao.

Phil: From where we sit, it’s clear they’re spending more time with the regulators than they are with us to try and get this deal done

Brad Smith: Sony’s as excited about this deal as Blockbuster was about the rise of Netflix

Microsoft is tired of Sony’s bullshit.

20 Likes

Now they’re speaking our language.

5 Likes

While I don’t see this happening, for both financial and regulatory goodwill reasons, I don’t think it’d be outside the realm of possibility that feature parity is in danger unless Sony decides to play ball.

Imagine a future where there are no pre-order deals on PlayStation, while pre-orders on Xbox, Steam, and Switch includes 2-weeks of early access, a couple of exclusive guns, and a handful of exclusive cosmetics.

I know, I know… But a man can dream. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Correct, Phil “The Legend” Spencer is a good guy

Nintendo shares after this announcement

12 Likes

Microsoft helping Nintendo is something I don’t think it can be said often, but this is one rarity.

2 Likes

They will make so much money with CoD on Switch :fire:

would like to know the general reactions in japan today. like are they mostly positive, opinions from media like famitsu, etc…

Does Sony not realize that their desperation to block this deal because it will “ruin” them (even though that is not true) is going to destroy their share prices when the deal ultimately goes though?

Did they not think this through or do they really think they can get this blocked all together?