Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

This is not keeping it places, it’s bringing it places. Cod ain’t on Nintendo

9 Likes

It’s also worth a reminder that for the past couple years SIE was publishing CoD in Japan so I don’t think it was releasing on Xbox there. Though they stopped with MW2, I think Kadokawa published that?

2 Likes

Based on his phrasing, yes.

7 Likes

Sony right now

7 Likes

More like guaranteed to lose. MS can appeal all the up to the Supreme Court.

4 Likes

I’m going to speculate that this signals a departure from yearly releases. More time to optimize for all the systems if they go away from that.

2 Likes

Slam dunk

18 Likes

This is beyond wild… and awesome. We’ll finally have COD & Mario on one system, again.

What do the kids say ? Brad Smith has zero chill.

11 Likes

I think we’ll be seeing that either way - there’s been an internal push from the Call of Duty developers to move away from yearly releases and the need for it shows with the games coming out buggier and with missing features. I mean there was even a Call of Duty a few years back that launched with a campaign because they straight up couldn’t get it finished. The biggest question to me is just what the new release structure would look like - do they simply add a year to each games development and accept a year without an annual release once every 4 years or move to 2 year release schedule with extended post-launch support for each title.

1 Like

7 Likes

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! BRAD SMITH IS A SAVAGE!! :rofl: :rofl:

Getting nintendo and valve involved is huge, like, they just basically cornered sony.

8 Likes

I present to you all, CoD’s last appearance on Nintendo. Next year marks 10 years.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Microsoft playing chess here because if regulators deny this deal then they’re denying games on otherplatforms. Like I would imagine Nintendo would be livid at Sony and regulators for rejecting them of COD microtransaction money

3 Likes

Jimbo isn’t sleeping tonight

6 Likes

Yeah this is a great counter to Sony’s efforts to push the regulators into action and should be a strong commitment to help push this deal through - and all it costs Microsoft is…making even more money from CoD. What a terrible burden! And just in time for their meeting with the FTC on Wednesday.

16 Likes

That’s right. Japan is 14 hours ahead of where I live which is NY in the U.S. Imagine seeing this after eating lunch if you’re at Sony. That food may not stay down. lmao.

2 Likes

Damn I’m confident this is going through now, maybe even before Diablo 4 release (GamePass day 1 baby !)

Savage

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 2).