XBOXERA 2022 Backlog Challenge
New year? New challenge!
Welcome to the XboxERA 2022 Backlog Challenge!
Is your hard-drive filled with countless number of unplayed games purchased on a whim? Are you shelves sagging with the unplayed games? Does your digital library count look like a phone number? YOU’VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
Shrink your backlog.
Dethrone the champ.
XboxEra’s Reigning Backlog Champion:
Each successfully completed gaming your backlog earns your one point (+1).
Each newly purchased game loses you one point (-1) .
XboxERA poster with the highest score on December 12th, 2022 is the XboxERA 2022 Gaming Backlog Champion. Prize:
- (X) number of months of GamePass Ultimate.
- A fancy new Tag/Title of XboxERA 2022 Backlog Champion
- The ability to wipe the smirk of @ProgStopper 's face.
- GamePass games are worth ZERO points UNLESS:
- The game was already apart of a backlog (physical/digital)
- You purchase a copy of the game at which point it becomes a (-1) until beaten
Games gifted by family/friends/strangers count as ZERO points. It was a gift and not an active decision by you the challenger.
Multiple games can be played at once. Getting bogged down with that Ubisoft collect-a-thon? Beat a few Telltale titles at the same time to boost your score. Doesn’t matter how many games you play, if you beat it, you get a point.
DLC. Lengthy DLC will be awarded .5 for each piece of DLC completed by user. Multiple DLC are allowed to be completed on the same title. Completed DLC title will be submitted to fellow players for judgement if DLC matches criteria for being allowed as all DLC is not created equal. There’s a difference between a 30 min DLC and something like a Fallout 4 DLC.
DLC + Base game completion could theoretically surpass the base +1 earned by completing a game.
Any DLC for game counts as a -.5 per DLC. DLC giveth and DLC taketh.
Purchases of “GOLD” or “GOTY” edition games that come bundled with DLC only count as a -1.
Expansion passes that are purchased separately from GOTY/GOLD bundles counts a -.5 PER DLC.
Trade Ins: Effectively negate a score. Purchasing a game, completing it in, then trading it will remove the game completely from your record making it worth ZERO.
CHEAT WEEK(S): Starting December 13th, 2021 through December 31st, 2021, any purchases made will not count against any 2022 purchase. Additionally, any games completed during this period WILL NOT count towards your 2022 backlogs.
To The Future:
However any lengthy games that are started during the free-period that are carried over into 2022 and ARE COMPLETED in 2022 WILL COUNT for a completion in 2022. Still working on Forza? Tales of Arise going on too long? Still working on Skyrim? Work on it now, complete it in 2022 and get some points on the board!
How To Play:
- Sign up below! Game starts January 1st, 2021.
- When a game is beaten, you state the name of the game, what system, and add yourself +1. Once a day or two, the total scores will be updated on the thread for al lto see.
- Honesty is the best policy. This is supposed to be a fun challenge/contest, so don’t try cheating.
- Games DO NOT HAVE TO BE 100%d. If you see the credits and the story is over, the game is beaten. If the game is story complete and credits roll, and you’re only at like 50% completion, it counts as a +1.
- It doesn’t matter if it’s a 100+ RPG like Dragon Quest, a 5 hour indie darling, or something in between. If it’s in your backlog, you beat it, it counts.
ARE YOU GAME ENOUGH?
Sign up below in a reply. Sign-ups close let’s say second week on January. Contest starts tomorrow. So theoretically, someone could sign up today, beat a bunch of TellTale games and take an early lead. So get to work!
How Can I Track My Backlog?
Free to use, free to sign up! Build your collection, track it, complete it!
XboxERA 2022 Backlog Challengers: