XboxERA's 2021 Backlog Challenge. Are you Game Enough?

Can’t wait for the 2022 Backlog Challenge!!! Let’s go baby!!!

Yeah, 2022 should be fun, especially with new people in the mix.

2 Likes

Yep! It’s all Halo at the moment for me.

This was very fun and motivating, can’t wait for next year! Gratz, Prog :wink:

3 Likes

Okay, later today we’ll do final tally and some thoughts and I’ll start working on the new thread for 2022.

1 Like

I am still confused how you come out of this with more than 0 points

I’m just going to let him do his thing even if by the rules it’s gonna be a tremendous waste of time and effort for them.

Let 'em have fun.

But yeah…

1 Like

Going into 2022, I already have a small backlog of 3 games and an expansion that were purchased in 2021 so how would I be at 0 points? Wouldn’t I already be at +3.5 points once I complete these games and the expansion?

Also, if I end 2022 at 0 points, that means that every game I purchased, I completed and can go into 2023 fresh. I know that’s not the point of the Backlog Challenge so while I will most likely lose in this actual challenge, for my own personal challenge, I would win because unlike 2021 and 2022, I want to go into 2023 without a backlog.

Basically, im using this Backlog Challenge for my own personal challenge in which I will be more selective and whatnot. I don’t want to buy a single game in 2022 that doesn’t have a 100% chance of being completed. By doing this, I will eliminate the games that are 50/50 for various reasons.

2 Likes

The more the merrier! (and I won’t be last place! :wink: )

1 Like

Makes sense

1 Like

IT’S OVER

Final Tally:

@ProgStopper: 13

@PhantomFox: 11

@Mort: 10

@DeoGame: 2

The Winner of the XboxERA 2021 Backlog Challenge is… @ProgStopper !

(@Proven or @Doncabesa if it’s not too much trouble, could you bequeath the winner their title of XboxERA 2021 Backlog Champion or something similar?)

Thoughts:

I was literally at the end of Mirror’s Edge but Halo Infinite is just too damn good to put down.

FH5 and Halo Infinite basically ground my backlog challenge to a halt. I probably would have had more if I didn’t get sucked into FH5 and HI.

Second Place:

@PhantomFox

Third Place

@Mort

Most Likely Quit during the Match

@DeoGame

This has been a very fun challenge that allowed me to finish some games I never would have gotten around to play if it wasn’t for the fact that it was during a challenge.

The Road Ahead

2022 is gonna be a crazy year, so one hard with lots of big games. Let’s see what happens! Also including trade-ins and DLC into the mix is gonna make it anyone’s ball game.

Sign ups begin sometime next week and run to December 31st, Contest Begins Jan 1st, 2022.

2 Likes

Sign-Ups now open for 2022:

1 Like

You made a challenge that you won? Rigged.

2 Likes

Not my fault that @Mort couldn’t finish off @PhantomFox .

PhantomFox was THIS close to taking me down.

1 Like

Alright there’s your title, congrats!

1 Like

Ouch.

(False King was a better title imo)

1 Like

GG @ProgStopper @Mort, that was a fun competition. If I hadn’t made those few backlog purchases late this year maybe I would’ve won!

1 Like

See?

No fraud.

Only weakness from my competitors!

Muahahahha.

2 Likes

Haha yes, mucho weakness and the Forza Horizon 5 → Halo Infinite double slam to occupy most of my time in the final stretch too.

Super ready for next year though! I have started my Excel sheets and planning my strategy. Fortunately not many new games for me until Starfield hits by the look of things, muhaha.

2 Likes

I am so screwed first half of 2022.

HFW, GoW, GT7 is gonna hurt.

I have 7 games in the first half of 2022 which doesn’t include Steel Rising (only announced as June 2022) or A Plague Tale Requiem which I could see being May/June.