XboxERA's 2021 Backlog Challenge. Are you Game Enough?

Pfffbbbt.

This is getting complicated.

If you complete the game, and can prove you completed the game, I see no reason not to award a +1, it’'s still a completed game.

Now at the same time, if you use the trade-in to buy another game that’s a -1.

Like say you buy 10 games a year, and maintain no backlog. Every game you buy is a -1, every game you beat is a +1 and trading it in gets you nothing, so you’d beat robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If you have no backlog, all you doing to moving back and forth from -1 to +1

1 Like

I was thinking about the earlier posts about Trading In a game would be like a Return where the -1 Never Happened so you’re at 0 net for that game. That should have a time limit on it.

Yeah.

30 days? Standard US Return Policy?

So if I buy GT7 for PS4 in March, don’t like it compared to Sport, I could then trade it in.

How about this -

Buy a disc based game makes it -1. Completing it puts it at 0. Dropping/trading it in maybe could be 0.5 so instead of -1 or 0, it’s in the middle at -0.5.

Thoughts???

@ProgStopper: 13

@PhantomFox: 11

@Mort: 10

@DeoGame: 2

Shall we call it?

1 Like

I suppose, yeah. I’m too busy with Infinite to make more progress at this point.

Can’t wait for the 2022 Backlog Challenge!!! Let’s go baby!!!

Yeah, 2022 should be fun, especially with new people in the mix.

2 Likes

Yep! It’s all Halo at the moment for me.

This was very fun and motivating, can’t wait for next year! Gratz, Prog :wink:

3 Likes

Okay, later today we’ll do final tally and some thoughts and I’ll start working on the new thread for 2022.

1 Like

I am still confused how you come out of this with more than 0 points

I’m just going to let him do his thing even if by the rules it’s gonna be a tremendous waste of time and effort for them.

Let 'em have fun.

But yeah…

1 Like

Going into 2022, I already have a small backlog of 3 games and an expansion that were purchased in 2021 so how would I be at 0 points? Wouldn’t I already be at +3.5 points once I complete these games and the expansion?

Also, if I end 2022 at 0 points, that means that every game I purchased, I completed and can go into 2023 fresh. I know that’s not the point of the Backlog Challenge so while I will most likely lose in this actual challenge, for my own personal challenge, I would win because unlike 2021 and 2022, I want to go into 2023 without a backlog.

Basically, im using this Backlog Challenge for my own personal challenge in which I will be more selective and whatnot. I don’t want to buy a single game in 2022 that doesn’t have a 100% chance of being completed. By doing this, I will eliminate the games that are 50/50 for various reasons.

2 Likes

The more the merrier! (and I won’t be last place! :wink: )

1 Like

Makes sense

1 Like

IT’S OVER

Final Tally:

@ProgStopper: 13

@PhantomFox: 11

@Mort: 10

@DeoGame: 2

The Winner of the XboxERA 2021 Backlog Challenge is… @ProgStopper !

(@Proven or @Doncabesa if it’s not too much trouble, could you bequeath the winner their title of XboxERA 2021 Backlog Champion or something similar?)

Thoughts:

I was literally at the end of Mirror’s Edge but Halo Infinite is just too damn good to put down.

FH5 and Halo Infinite basically ground my backlog challenge to a halt. I probably would have had more if I didn’t get sucked into FH5 and HI.

Second Place:

@PhantomFox

Third Place

@Mort

Most Likely Quit during the Match

@DeoGame

This has been a very fun challenge that allowed me to finish some games I never would have gotten around to play if it wasn’t for the fact that it was during a challenge.

The Road Ahead

2022 is gonna be a crazy year, so one hard with lots of big games. Let’s see what happens! Also including trade-ins and DLC into the mix is gonna make it anyone’s ball game.

Sign ups begin sometime next week and run to December 31st, Contest Begins Jan 1st, 2022.

2 Likes

Sign-Ups now open for 2022:

1 Like

You made a challenge that you won? Rigged.

2 Likes

Not my fault that @Mort couldn’t finish off @PhantomFox .

PhantomFox was THIS close to taking me down.

1 Like

Alright there’s your title, congrats!

1 Like