XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Their heads lol, no one knows any concrete details.

3 Likes

Maybe this isn’t his next major AAA title and maybe it is some small experimental title. This could be his Pentiment, a small passion project he really wants to make, or hey maybe it is something big like Death Stranding, who knows. I think it’s a win either way - Microsoft are building a working relationship with a major Japanese developer and if this is experimental or divisive like Death Stranding this could be the sort of game that thrives on game pass. This could be the first step towards more Kojima games on Xbox.

1 Like

I feel tempted to get a steam deck, but I feel its best to wait for a 2nd version. Anyways, probably saidi t before, but man I wish we could get a xbox handheld that can play xbox owned games natively

1 Like

I’ve thought for a while the advantage of the steamdeck is it could be a great unofficial Xbox portable - if Microsoft can make game pass available and get as many games as possible compatable on it.

1 Like

Yeah, I would be okay with gamepass working natively on it, but unsure if Valve will allow that. I do think there’s a market for high end portable gaming devices, and being able to play natively is key imo

I was actually ready to pull the trigger on a Steamdeck but then I realized I mainly wanted it for emulation, so I decided to buy an Anbernic handheld instead and saved myself well over $300. :smile:

2 Likes

Overwatch 2 is currently the no 1 category on twitch.

11 Likes

What is this about?

Just fanboy stuff

Streamed it for 5+ hours today, freaking love the changes they’ve made. So good (unlike the launch stability)

2 Likes

I’m at (what is claimed to be) the biggest game event in my country, The Netherlands and Xbox is nowhere to be seen.

They can and should do better, still quite a way to go here, damn.

4 Likes

As a civil engineer

Netherlands always fascinates me

You guys make great water structures

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1578369557575540736?t=r3m5ex1azAPyVpdMwMuOpQ&s=19

They update this game like once a month and I keep going back to it for a week or two.

They also added some kind of “Relax” mode where the grind for resources is toned down.

RELAXED GAME MODE

The new relaxed preset provides an accessible, laid-back experience of No Man’s Sky. Perfect for players who want to experience all facets of gameplay, from story to survival to combat, with reduced danger and minimal grind.

7 Likes

At least Xbox had a strong presence in Gamescom this year so I guess that’s a good first step, that being said though marketing in Europe is still way behind Sony & Ninty. Hopefully things will improve on that front in the near future.

This relax led mode has now led me to download it again as I found the game so interesting as a concept but fucking jarringly boring in execution

1 Like

:thinking: Very interesting. I loved my first several hours with this game. The starting planet, taking off for the first time, exploring other planets, naming them, building a base, scrounging for resources… All of it.

But I quit pretty abruptly after my first couple of space combat encounters. That was not at all what I wanted out of that game. And I say that as someone who spent untold hours playing the X-Wing and Tie Fighter games in the 90s, and who forgave Star Wars: Squadron its shortcomings because it so reminded me of those glory days. Oh, not to mention all the hours I’ve spent fighting the Kilrathi in the Wing Commander series.

But as I said, not what I wanted from NMS. So if the “reduced danger” aspect of relaxed mode basically eliminates or at least minimises the space combat… Well, I might just strap in for some more space exploration.

2 Likes

They definitely crunched to get it out this year, also this is the support halo needs.

1 Like
11 Likes

Their use of term of “modern platforms” actually make sense. Amazing how that is.

1 Like

I can’t even blame Xbox that much to be honest. Nintendo wasn’t here either. Sony had a few PS5 consoles with HfW, Ssckboy, GT, nothing new or anything. Ubi wasn’t here, EA wasn’t, no Activision etc.

The show was extremely meh overall. Only new games were Plague Tale and Evil West. Probably the most disappointing game event forever for me. Was great to see my buddies again which has been a long time. Also got me a very cool One Piece poster.

1 Like