What are you currently playing?

No need to apologize. You had it tagged, and I’m the one who chose to reveal it. And it’s not really a game that can be spoiled, but I like to be liberal with my spoiler tags because we all have different tolerance levels for that sort of thing.

1 Like

Finished Nier Replicant and loved it and then i started Tales of Arise only to realise that both main characters from Nier and Tales are voiced by the same actor, it’s very distracting. I think I’ll put tales on hold for a week or two.

1 Like

I’m starting Ghost of a Tale Windows version today, was bugged for months but they’ve fixed it just a few days before it leaves gamepass :grimacing: have to play it again though after enjoying the console version.

Have also been working on Halo Infinite, hit level 90 on the battle pass and expecting to complete it later this week when the new challenges arrive. Also helping a friend complete all the weekly stuff on FH5 which is better now more of the issues have been fixed.

Can’t decide what to play next though, going to choose between Biomutant, Kingdom of Amalur Re-Reckoning and Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Have never played any of these so it’s going to be a big RPG year for me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

As someone who just finished Biomutant, if you really want to play all these games, I would play Biomutant first, Kingdom of Amalur second and the ME trilogy last. Basically, go from worst to best. Just my opinion though.

1 Like

After playing a bunch of indies I decided I wanted a bit of a bigger game, but one I could finish off before Hitmen drops next week, and opted for Star Wars: Squadrons. According to HowLongToBeat it’s about 9 hours long, which should be pretty perfect.

One mission in and I’m loving it. Very reminiscent of X-Wing and Tie Fighter, two of my favourite PC games. Naturally the gameplay graphics and FMV is much improved, but the general vibe is very similar. I only wish I was playing it with a proper flight stick instead of a gamepad, I had to do a bit of customization to make it feel natural to control.

2 Likes

As I had foreseen, I ended up finishing off Star Wars: Squadrons last night, just in time for Hitmen to hit Game Pass. Been refreshing the app every 15 minutes for the last hour, wanting to start the download so it’ll be installed and ready for when the mood hits.

Squadrons was good, not great, and I’m glad to have played it. As I said, it’s quite reminiscent of the X-Wing and Tie Fighter PC games. Ditto the Wing Commander franchise. All games which I loved.

On the “pros” list we’ve got:

• They really nailed the Star Wars vibe. The story, graphics, sound FX, music… it all felt authentically Star Wars.
  • Speaking of the sound, I played this in my home theatre and the surround sound is very active. I can’t possibly oversell the awesomeness of hearing Tie Fighters roar past you, while you fire your pew-pew-pew lasers. Ditto the awesomeness of the iconic Star Wars music coming at you at appropriate moments.
  • The missions were perfect in length, about 15-20 minutes each, allowing for nice bitesized chunks of gameplay.
  • I enjoyed the storyline and the performances were quite good. It was fun seeing and playing both sides, getting to experience the ramifications of your previous actions.

And some cons:

• I really dislike the default controls. Luckily they are completely customizable, so I ended up remapping most of them. If you’ve got a good enough PC, this is probably best played there with a proper flight stick.
  • Several missions are buggy. Basically you’re not given the next objective, and end up flying around aimlessly not knowing what to do. Usually this was fixed by reloading the last checkpoint. Once I had to exit the game, force quit it, and start it up again. Very annoying.

I’m also still making my way through Metroid: Zero Mission, and I’ve got some more thoughts on it, but maybe I’ll post those later.

3 Likes

What are you currently playing?

MS buying AB. :wink:

Oh, games? Stellaris of course. Just today they announced the addition of MegaCorp Zombies (!) on PC, coming soon to Xbox. I’m loving the constant additions to this game.

I’ve also done plenty of driving in FH5. Just driving around Mexico listening to Horizon Pulse radio is just so relaxing.

1 Like

You just made me bump that up on on my to-play list!

Haha, you and me both. Havn’t played much these past few days, but I did start The Gunk which I quite enjoy so far.

3 Likes

Currently smashing through Nobody Saves The World. Hitman Trilogy downloading to give that a go too. Might have to quit watching TV series I enjoy just to have more time to finish all the great games that keep coming to Game Pass.

Phasmophobia with a friend and it’s been a lot of fun. Don’t let the beta status scare you off, it is very stable and over the 12 or so hours we put into it we’ve run into only a handful of minor bugs.

Lost Judgment.

Decided to give this a second chance and currently just started Chapter 6. Trying to have this completed before February hits as my 2021 gaming list will finally be complete as I start fresh in 2022 with Dying Light 2.

Back to Lost Judgment, im liking the story and characters which are usually always great but the combat/gameplay after four previous games is just not doing it for me anymore. Was awesome when I started with Yakuza Zero but not anymore. Voice acting (yes, im using the English voices) is real good but that’s no surprise as Judgment was real good too. Visuals are what they are. Way too much NPC pop in to where it’s just ridiculous. Absolutely hate the forced stealth. It’s so horrible.

Can’t wait for Dying Light 2!!!

1 Like

Mainly Psychonauts 2 and loving it! I also recently finished the pedestrian. Played some windjammers 2 and once I’m done with P2 I’ll start death’s door.

4 Likes

Thanks to the Back Comp sale, I finally bought Aliens v Predator. Loving it so far. Rebellion did an excellent job making each character feel different.

1 Like

The Pedestrian, it’s pretty good puzzle platformer where you need to arrange a path to your goal.

3 Likes

Currently studying for some exams, but playing Breath of Fire 3 in my off time.

3 Likes

Just finished Metroid: Zero Mission, and as I’ve mentioned before it really is a fantastic example of how to do a videogame remake. Keep the spirit and overall design of the original, but with some QoL upgrades, a few new design and gameplay elements, and updated graphics. I loved almost all of it.

Why almost all? Well, I really wasn’t a fan of the stealth elements towards the end. That is not why I play a Metroid game, and I found them more frustrating than fun. And that’s from someone who likes games like Splinter Cell that is more or less all about that.

But added as an afterthought to a game in a genre it’s not particularly well suited to? No thanks.

Luckily, it’s really only a small part of the overall experience, so it didn’t come even close to souring me on the game. It did however make me less keen on playing Metroid Dread, as I hear that’s a big part of that game.

I think I’ll probably do Castlevania: Symphony of the Night next. It’s been in my backlog since I bought it for the original PlayStation.

1 Like

Finished Creaks a few days ago which was a great puzzle game, really fun and clever puzzles that keep introducing new mechanics until the very end of the game and some beautiful music and visuals. The last few days I am playing Ender Lilies which is very good so far, nice visuals and music, some cool ideas with the combat system, decent level design and great boss fights. The only complaint that I have are the really lackluster sound effects that lack any oomph, especially during combat it’s really noticeable and distracting.

Also played Nobody Saves the World for about two hours and dropped it, I liked the demo but after two hours I was bored out of my mind with this…it’s essentially Grinding: the game and the biggest problem is that the game is dull and boring AF. Thank god for Game Pass being a thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

After Ender Lilies I am definitely starting Lost Judgment which I am planning to beat before Elden ring arrives.

Hopped back into Guardians of the Galaxy on Series X

Really is a fantastic title

Not super challenging by any means but the combat and writing are both very fun and geeeez is this game colorful and fun to look at.

The banter between characters has me laughing consistently. Right on par with Armed and Dangerous on OG Xbox or South Park The Stick of Truth. Gaming humor so often misses the mark for me so this has been a delight. Really enjoying myself. There’s something special about going all in on a boss fight with New Kids on the Block’s Hangin Tough blaring in the background. Very unique game, and I hope it gets a sequel.

2 Likes

Decided to play Overwatch for the first time since playing the beta… People complain that COD is for casuals but I can’t jump into a random COD and do really well :laughing:. The game is actually super fun but I question whether or not half the player base have even played an FPS before.

Started Mario Golf Super Rush yesterday. Its so bad… I like the graphics itself, the cool ambientation it has where everyone is friendly and just having a good time with golf but as soon as the game starts introducing “golf races” and such it just becomes such a drag.

I enjoy the golf itself, but the special modes in the story just make no sense for me. Its like I’m playing the hardest game ever but its not, its just badly designed…

Luckily I’m also about to start a way better game on Series X. Red Dead Redemption. Started it years ago on PS3 but couldnt see anything because of the low res so I just decided to buy it on my X and play there, I believe it has some slight updates or at least works better than PS3.