XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Iā€™m at (what is claimed to be) the biggest game event in my country, The Netherlands and Xbox is nowhere to be seen.

They can and should do better, still quite a way to go here, damn.

4 Likes

As a civil engineer

Netherlands always fascinates me

You guys make great water structures

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1578369557575540736?t=r3m5ex1azAPyVpdMwMuOpQ&s=19

They update this game like once a month and I keep going back to it for a week or two.

They also added some kind of ā€œRelaxā€ mode where the grind for resources is toned down.

RELAXED GAME MODE

The new relaxed preset provides an accessible, laid-back experience of No Manā€™s Sky. Perfect for players who want to experience all facets of gameplay, from story to survival to combat, with reduced danger and minimal grind.

7 Likes

At least Xbox had a strong presence in Gamescom this year so I guess thatā€™s a good first step, that being said though marketing in Europe is still way behind Sony & Ninty. Hopefully things will improve on that front in the near future.

This relax led mode has now led me to download it again as I found the game so interesting as a concept but fucking jarringly boring in execution

1 Like

:thinking: Very interesting. I loved my first several hours with this game. The starting planet, taking off for the first time, exploring other planets, naming them, building a base, scrounging for resourcesā€¦ All of it.

But I quit pretty abruptly after my first couple of space combat encounters. That was not at all what I wanted out of that game. And I say that as someone who spent untold hours playing the X-Wing and Tie Fighter games in the 90s, and who forgave Star Wars: Squadron its shortcomings because it so reminded me of those glory days. Oh, not to mention all the hours Iā€™ve spent fighting the Kilrathi in the Wing Commander series.

But as I said, not what I wanted from NMS. So if the ā€œreduced dangerā€ aspect of relaxed mode basically eliminates or at least minimises the space combatā€¦ Well, I might just strap in for some more space exploration.

2 Likes

They definitely crunched to get it out this year, also this is the support halo needs.

1 Like
11 Likes

Their use of term of ā€œmodern platformsā€ actually make sense. Amazing how that is.

1 Like

I canā€™t even blame Xbox that much to be honest. Nintendo wasnā€™t here either. Sony had a few PS5 consoles with HfW, Ssckboy, GT, nothing new or anything. Ubi wasnā€™t here, EA wasnā€™t, no Activision etc.

The show was extremely meh overall. Only new games were Plague Tale and Evil West. Probably the most disappointing game event forever for me. Was great to see my buddies again which has been a long time. Also got me a very cool One Piece poster.

1 Like

I got a bit of fomo from every podcast talking about Grounded and now I think itā€™s my favourite tree puncher type game. So good.

Tree puncher?

Punch Tree, Get Resourceā€¦

6 Likes

I downloaded the update and they had actually added difficulty settings into the options after you start a game. People can turn the survival and crafting elements off completely if they wanted to. There was also an option for removing space combat.

4 Likes

You can blame Anthony from RebelFM for that since he coined it. Just resource collecting/building games.

1 Like

Did those have playable demos? did you play them?

Great news! Thanks for posting that. I donā€™t mind the survival and crafting, itā€™s just the space combat I dislike, so to hear itā€™s granular to that level is excellent.

1 Like
8 Likes

I tried playing Evil West, but the controller was not responding, it was on PC. And Plague Tale is something I want to wait and play it on my own screen as soon as it releases, since release is so soon I just decided to wait. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Razer one?