XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

That’s true but maybe there is some small time exclusive game which will trigger me :joy:

Wow. How does Xbox just keep messing stuff up this year? Cant we just get anything nice?

1 Like

Huh? Exaggeration to say the least.

13 Likes

ugh

15 Likes

Pentiment GOTY.

Here’s a correction in regards of Goldeneye’s online, the XBLA final build never had online multiplayer implemented at all, what happens is that its akin to NSO, people were playing it online via tunneling with Xlink Kai which uses the System Link (LAN) to be connected onlined on other consoles, the software works as an online LAN router.

So yes, it is “exclusive” because what the N64 emulator does is hack the multiplayer controller ports to be detected on online consoles, the same stuff you can do with most emulators on PC, if Goldeneye on Xbox One and Series still have the System Link, you can do what I’ve said on the first paragraph.

Feel free to spread around this information.

4 Likes

Since this is pretty much “Japanese games week”…

Hope Xbox can walk away with more than Fatal Frame and Symphonia. I mean those are great, they are just ports though, and already are from “close” publishers.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t know how trueachievement works, but realized once i seen halo was only at 400K haha. I am sure the game had plenty of downloads.

Exaggeration how exactly? They’ve delayed everything, Halo is a mess, The Initiative has major issues and many staff left, Everwild was such a mess it got rebooted, the competition continues to get major 3rd party deals that keep content off Xbox and games off gamepass, gamepass has majorly fallen off on conolse this year, and now this absolute mess with Goldeneye.

Love to see it on the Xbox channel.

1 Like

Just an horrible take.

20 Likes

Game Pass is incredible and the biggest boon any console has in gaming.

Delays are positive, rather that than a shite game.

Cherry picking struggling studios would have made sense back when Xbox had less than 30 of them.

16 Likes

This is a nonsense post

and the fact you brought up Everwild of all things is very strange

12 Likes

30+ year olds angsting over video games

12 Likes

Look what you did Nick

If its so bad then please explain to me how the things Xbox has done this year have been good for me, the consumer?

Im not trolling here, I am a massive Xbox fan, I cheerlead all the time. But this year has felt hopeless to me. Just feel like its bad news after bad news.

Bad news isn’t games getting delayed or a few months of GP drops you don’t care for.

Bad news is being the first ever console to have your price increased after launch.

10 Likes

You speak for yourself, not “the consumer” please. It seems you are affected too much by Twitter and forum console wars and it gets on your nerves.

8 Likes
  • Halo is a mess, but 343 is fixing it. Just don’t play it.

• We don’t even know if it’s really a major issue with Initiative. I would judge them after they release Perfect Dark.

• Everwild was announced way too early, but Microsoft wanted to games their new console and if you have nothing to show, you just present a game in pre alpha. Game was in a loop and the creative director left. Needed a reboot.

• Competition is also not spending $70 billion on ABK. I would rather Microsoft acquire Studios and Publisher then waiting if Square Enix is in the mood to release a Xbox game.

• About Game Pass fallen off. A lof of games are delayed this year, not just a Game Pass problem.

1 Like