XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

I wasn’t expecting that !

1 Like

I wonder if PC players will bitch about this

They got Death Stranding on PC Game Pass.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah I think this is the case with Square and maybe some of the other developers that skip Xbox. It’s pretty messed up they’re strong arming xbox platform in gamepass deal or nothing. It would be cool to see Microsoft cut a deal for it, but then they will take advantage of it like they’re doing now. I do feel its dumb to skip xbox when the split this gen is pretty close between playstation and they just punted momentum being built with first game on xbox

I wonder what type of data that they saw with Octopath on GP.

I would assume it didn’t sell too hot if they’re okay with skipping it and waiting for the gamepass bag a year from now.

Then again it’s Square, sometimes it can’t be as logical as that lol.

Probably only the one that was in paycheck.

I would assume they looked at sales and how many downloaded on gamepass. On True achievement it says 45k people played it, but I am unsure how they get their numbers so I assume 50k-75k people played it, and they prob thought not worth porting to xbox unless a gamepass bag at a later date.

I mean if those are the numbers, I can see why lol.

1 Like

i looked up other games and it seems true achievement numbers are prob calculated by people that are users on it. There’s no way under 400k people played halo infinite. I guess hard to know what numbers are but if they reached 100k on gamepass then not that bad, but still pretty bad since people can drop games quickly on gamepass

eh, 45k on trueachievements is a lot

2 Likes

Yeah, doubt it can be relied upon as an accurate number.

Gamepass is so tricky because subscription numbers are so inflated. It’s hard to take “milestones” too seriously.

Infinite had 20 million players within 2 weeks but would anyone call it more successful than H3 ? Doubt it. Interesting times that we’re in.

Regardless, pretty shitty way to grow an IP on a new console.

The game was a two year old port of a game already readily available on Switch and Steam. Dunno what people expected numbers wise, really, but it’s clear MS paid for it to happen and the expectation is that they would have to do the same for the sequel to happen too.

This is not how to grow a playerbase and develop an IP

The biggest comparison I can think of is that 1,000,000 people played Scarlet Nexus on Game Pass which is a higher end JRPG that came to Game Pass 2 months after release

I would guess Octopath’s download numbers were 500k, or 100k if I’m feeling pessimistic.

1 Like

Scarlet Nexus has 43k on True Achievements, but we know that 1m came from GP so…Octopath numbers are bigger 100%

1 Like
1 Like

That’s 45K of 841K of people registered on the site (Truearchiements) and not 45k of 25 million Game Pass subscribers.

11 Likes

Generally games here are announced for PC Game Pass. An announcement for TGS ?

3 Likes

Hopefully for Xbox too then!

1 Like

That would make sense, it would explain the internal excitement at Xbox Nick talked about, as well as new Game Pass games being shown from the blog post.