XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Look what you did Nick

If its so bad then please explain to me how the things Xbox has done this year have been good for me, the consumer?

Im not trolling here, I am a massive Xbox fan, I cheerlead all the time. But this year has felt hopeless to me. Just feel like its bad news after bad news.

Bad news isn’t games getting delayed or a few months of GP drops you don’t care for.

Bad news is being the first ever console to have your price increased after launch.

10 Likes

You speak for yourself, not “the consumer” please. It seems you are affected too much by Twitter and forum console wars and it gets on your nerves.

8 Likes
  • Halo is a mess, but 343 is fixing it. Just don’t play it.

• We don’t even know if it’s really a major issue with Initiative. I would judge them after they release Perfect Dark.

• Everwild was announced way too early, but Microsoft wanted to games their new console and if you have nothing to show, you just present a game in pre alpha. Game was in a loop and the creative director left. Needed a reboot.

• Competition is also not spending $70 billion on ABK. I would rather Microsoft acquire Studios and Publisher then waiting if Square Enix is in the mood to release a Xbox game.

• About Game Pass fallen off. A lof of games are delayed this year, not just a Game Pass problem.

1 Like

If I were to detail everything that is wrong, I would have until tomorrow to be honest. Nothing on GP is wrong on so many levels already. You don’t need big AAA games being released every two weeks to have a good service, diversity is important. About Perfect Dark, we already know why things are the way they are, and it is not bad. just a change in direction. For Everwild, reboots happen.

Some days all I can do is roll my eyes over some of the most dramatic shit.

10 Likes

I mean yeah, it’s been a shit year for Xbox, no sugar coating that but the year is almost over lol.

2023 is going to be Xbox’s strongest year IMO, I thought we left the “woe is me” mindset back in Spring.

4 Likes

In other news, don’t forget about the ID Showcase tomorrow.

4 Likes
  1. Announcing ABK deal - got Sony shook
  2. Game Pass Family Plan being announced
  3. Game Pass has been good, looks to be even better in the coming months
  4. Xbox Discord voice chat integration today
9 Likes

no one will actually play or care about Goldeneye

2 Likes

Funny, my two GOTY contenders so far this year both released Day One on Game Pass.

14 Likes

Nah, I get the frustration. You expect your platform of choice to perform well. Sometimes it sucks to wait and people want to play games.

1 Like

I promise you, many great games have come out on Xbox this year. A lot of them in Game Pass

17 Likes

I tried to look up when Pikmin 4 was first announced but I’m having a hard time finding it. All I know is that Miyamoto in 2015 said development was going really well and that it was almost done.

Safe to say that this has been a looooooong time coming, damn. Wonder what happened. But glad it’s alive and coming next year.

What games? Maybe I havent checked them out and it can change my opinion

Oh, I know. I’m just explaining why some people like @AllianceOfficer are frustrated.

2 Likes

Last I checked, it’s performing well and Game Pass has been getting some amazing titles this year. Yes, Xbox’s first-party releases were weak but every 1st Party has had years like this, but none of them had the boons of Game Pass to go with it. Some just want to be miserable because it’s apparently cool…

9 Likes

Immortality and PowerWash Simulator. Two completely different games, but both experiences far above anything else this year for me.

8 Likes

I don’t think even the most hardcore fanboys of Xbox will ever say that 2022 was the best year ever for Xbox, but like you said I thought by nearly October we would’ve understood that by now lol.

Even with 2022 being a down year for Xbox which sucks and shouldn’t happen, I’ve still managed to be kept entertained by Game Pass and the monthly drops plus others I’ve bought. I have played countless games that I’ve absolutely loved this year from indies to AA games.

For example loved power wash sim, Tinykin, As Dusk Falls, Immorality, FH5 DLC, temtem, Two Point Campus, Saints Row and Cult of the Lamb.

I’m looking forward to Hardspace Shipbreaker, Plauge Tale Requiem, High on Life, Scorn, Pentiment and MW2 as of right now, I will try Persona 5 too for the first time and see what it’s like as well.

11 Likes