XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Ok but literally how many times would someone be willing to spend their energy complaining about something that can’t change? This year is not gonna suddenly be great for big 1st party Xbox games, that should have already been accepted since Redfall and Starfield’s delays. Nothing is gonna bring those games back to this year. Keeping that negative energy going is not helping you or anyone else. Play games, there are more games than exclusive 1st party AAA games, I promise.

5 Likes

If only that was true…

I more than exhibit the positive energy most of them time. I do think it’s beneficial to speak up when you don’t agree or aren’t happy too. People that work at Xbox are on the forum and they need positive and negative feedback.

I care deeply about the Xbox brand and spend thousands every year in their ecosystem.

Again, I’m not complaining. Just explaining the view of frustrated people. I’m perfectly fine except for the JRPG situation, but it’s getting better.

1 Like

I can understand being underwhelmed with today’s news about Goldeneye and Octopath Traveler 2 but saying that Game Pass didn’t have an at least pretty good year as of now is completely bonkers. Cool down with the hyperbole people.

Also LOL @ Square Enix on not releasing OT2 on Xbox…I swear to god this is the most annoying publisher that I have ever seen. At this point if I was Phil I’d say to them to just fuck off. The only sure thing is that they are not seeing a single cent from me this generation (even on my Switch). :slight_smile:

9 Likes

At this point Sony might as well buy them and do us all a favour haha

1 Like

Yeah, it’s annoying. But it just shows that people care about Xbox and I think it’s a good sign.

Personally I think this will be the last down year for Xbox. 2023 will be amazing. Starfield alone will make me happy for the next 5 years. :popcorn_parrot:

I don’t get why “Sony hurry and buy Square!” is still a thing when Nintendo Direct just showed us they are closer to Nintendo if anything.

1 Like

Honestly all this “this one will come to Xbox but those 3 won’t…but this one will come” is getting ridiculous at this point. lol

They can fuck off for all I care. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe they can co-parent the annoying brat publisher then! honestly I don’t care who does it one of them should just put everyone out of their suffering.

1 Like

If the company ever somehow fell apart I’d like for Nintendo to grab Dragon Quest team and Team Asano and whatever AA teams are there. Sony can have the AAA Final Fantasy/Forspoken/Kingdom Hearts stuff. I don’t really care for those lol.

3 Likes

Ignore Square Enix and join the Kemco train. Every month a new game release and you don’t have to fear of missing out. :doge:

1 Like

Square needs Nintendo more than Sony. It’s only beneficial when PS5 has more power.

There’s plenty to criticize and voice negative feedback but I don’t think your post was like that, your post was an outburst of frustration, you can be frustrated but the outburst is not gonna change it, a lot of your complaints are not things they can change realistically. Delays are time and nothing can buy time. The concerns about studios are needless as we don’t know what any of it means for the games when they release, as far as we know a lot of it is natural game development stuff. The game pass stuff is something that is personal, if you are disappointed with it that’s fine, but plenty of us are not, so just voice that as personal criticism instead of some declarative statement that applies to everyone else.

2 Likes

I play pretty much zero Japanese games, but I did play Dragon Quest builders when it came to Game Pass and loved it so there’s that :joy: I think the only other sort of JRPG I’ve ever played was Enchanted Arms on 360 if I remember correctly.

Fair enough. The delays and lack of first party is the result of poor planning (not enough third party exclusive support for the gaps as well as poor decision making on scoping and resources/time needed), bad subcontract requirements from Microsoft, not having enough internal support studios and a bit of bad luck with covid hitting. They can and should change everything but the bad luck part.

this shit always happen after every show the competitors make :joy:

10 Likes

Wrong

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t believe anybody will buy Square Enix. Microsoft can do it out of spite though.