XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Season of the Infinite.. Arguments

Is MS marketing xbox in India ?

not really.

Still needs a lot of improvement.

The Xbox India twitter has been dead for years, so fans have created their own twitter accounts like “XboxIndiaLives” and such which are getting more popular rn lol

and a lot of retail shenanigans is going around, like Xbox’s own official retail partners here scalping customers, so on. Just yikes all around

I see websites calling Sony’s answer to Game Pass rivaling Xbox. I’m sorry but if you don’t offer your exclusives day one on it, it’s anything but a rival to Game Pass.

3 Likes

lol . I want to say something but fuck it , aint saying it . MS is a funny company .

1 Like

I think Phil is trying to change this, in some podcast he said he travels there a lot and found the ads to play games for free a cool concept. I’m guessing there is some way for people to have ads support their play for free, maybe someone could correct me on that if i’m wrong.

1 Like

mobile gaming is huge here, and as such the adware model has become rather fine for a lot of people unless it becomes too obtrusive. I don’t think MS should pursue that for Gamepass or anything, but maybe they can learn from the spending habits and what kind of games are huge here and invest in said experiences.

Gamepass being somewhat cheaper though is very cool and I commend MS for that. But the MS Store can have better regional pricing too, cuz now both Epic and Steam have it.

1 Like

f2p is made for India, I feel.

Time to get those csgo and pubg gamers onto Halo

2 Likes

I feel like Game Pass should go for low cost high volume over there and a few other countries too.

precisely what I was feeling lol. Maybe a few years down the line, when 5G is standard and Xcloud will have arrived. Just waiting for it rn.

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-08/how-microsoft-s-halo-infinite-went-from-disaster-to-triumph

wait a minute that headline doesn’t sound like a hit piece

edit: wait who the hell said this lmao this is the first time i’ve heard of this

but gamers immediately fixated on the graphics, which were so blocky that cynical fans began to joke that Xbox must have mixed up its Halo and Minecraft franchises.

1 Like

There’s some exaggerating, but I consider the physical game not containing the game a legitimate complaint. And on Halo, Xbox’s biggest IP of all things? They packaged Flight Sim with 2 discs so that it could be installed with the discs, why’d they skimp on Halo?

Damn what a gigantic mess, hopefully Joseph does a major overhaul regarding management in this studio.

Yeah, although the game seems to have turned out well, I always got the impression that it was supposed to be far more ambitious than its current form

Agreed man, I don’t recall anyone saying this.

The closest thing to that was Jez lmao, did he really cite Jez’s comments as “gamers say”

1 Like

Please keep the Bloomberg Halo Infinite talk in its own thread. Kthnxbi.

All those kids who played gta San Andreas from the Grey Market piracy are now getting Jobs and buying games

Lol

2 Likes

attac

1 Like