XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

I’ll be right there with him; Andromeda is still a good game, just not OG trilogy amazing and with some MMO-inspired (read: unwanted) design choices. Playing ME trilogy in 60 has been the main thing from keeping me from finishing Andromeda… going back to 30 is really hard on some games (same with my Dishonored 2 playthrough).

4 Likes

I think its hard to follow up on what is most likely the greatest trilogy of all time plus we now know all the mess that Bioware was during that period and I have always been appreciative of what those devs managed to do in 18 months to try and push that game out the door.

Also after replaying the Trilogy I dont get the complaints on the Andromeda side quests all being bad. Most Side quests in ME2 are literally go here, shoot and mission ends while ME1 has a lot of “Fetch” missions going to the same layout outposts and ships.

1 Like

I did a thing, 57 minutes of menu music from the flight playing behind the video I had made of the concept images. All of it loops for five hours, something to play in the background.

14 Likes

Yep, October looks really good! The demo of Echo Generation was so charming plus we always need more Swery weirdness in our lives (big Deadly Premonition and D4 fan here!).

@Doncabesa That’s awesome! :gimme:

3 Likes

Andromeda was actually my first Mass Effect, Never played the original trilogy so this was my first impression of the franchise. I really liked it. Most of the complaints i had with it was pretty much to do with me playing it on my Xbox one and a couple of bugs here and there.

I tried playing it again last month but that 30fps is really off putting now when most of my games are 60. Would like to see a FPS patch… and maybe in an dream world a X/S enhancement

1 Like

I agree. The next Bioware game should be more linear IMO. Bioware really shines when doing more linear games, their open world stuff is very repetitive and boring. It looks like a single player MMO most of the times.

Dragon Age Inquisition is the epitome of this. The best moments of the game, specially the Trespasser DLC, are linear missions, the open world quests, with some few exceptions, are pointless fetch quests.

1 Like

Andromeda is to Mass Effect what The Hobbit movies are to Lord of the Rings…

choking peter cushing GIF by Warner Archive

1 Like

Andromeda plays so much better than any of the previous games that it simply doesn’t work, as a comparison.

3 Likes

Got this flaming take post ME Legendary Edition playthrough that ME2 is the worst game in the og trilogy

Sipping Boba Fett GIF

GIF by ABC Network

1 Like

This Is True The Truth GIF by Markpain

1 Like

Combat is the only improvement imho, that is not what makes Mass Effect special though. You are not supposed to actively dislike or want to kill your companions or laugh at the dialogue or cringe at the highschool fan-fictionesque characters.

I think the comparison holds, The Hobbit was silly, bloated and cringeworthy.

2 Likes

Anyway shameless plugging once again my lone thread contribution to this website

1 Like

Will it be like going into a psycho stalkers secret room with pictures all over, eyes cut out of ME2 and love hearts all around Andromeda?

1 Like

Time to shamelessly confess that I have never particularly ever cared for Garrus as a companion.

Wtf man.

PS Plus actually gets the brand new WW2 shooter Hell let Loose for free, it’s literally releasing on that day too.

Seeing stuff like this really makes me wish Xbox actually did something with GwG because I don’t think anyone can deny it’s not… great.

GwG is a smaller title and good BC program. It’s an extra, the main thing is Game Pass and GwG’s tiny budget is not taking away from that.

3 Likes

GwG had that really good month in February but other than that its an after thought. Id stop expecting anything good from it month in and out.

1 Like