XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

Yeah, guess I’ll just have to accept that. Hopefully with Game Pass we’ll come to a point that a brand new AAA release is there on day one. For a while now it’s been mostly smaller indie games.

For example it would have been great to have had Insurgency Sandstorm on Game Pass day one.

Hell Lets Loose isn’t a AAA title, it’s from the creators of Squad. It’s solid but it’s not some huge budget thing.

Pain and Suffering

Hmm, I stand corrected.

But it’s cool that it’s releasing on their service on day one. We have seen that for a few indie titles on Game Pass too, haven’t we? Artful Escape I think was and also the upcoming Echo Generation next month.

Coming out with the spicy takes today aren’t you :grin:.

1 Like

Day one indies? I wouldn’t be surprised if the number was nearing 100 on game pass for those :doge:

4 Likes

We see several every month.

2 Likes

I actually agree; it doesn’t have the narrative chops of the first in the series (there were no “Sovereign isn’t a ship, it’s a Reaper” reveal - an actual sentient machine species that until that point were ambiguous bogeyman) and it doesn’t have the RPG/gameplay flourishes of the third. It also has the absolute worst ending mission/boss of the trilogy. I’m sorry but I’ve always wondered what people are thinking when they say 2 is the best… it’s barebones from an RPG standpoint (which was the anti-Bioware epitome), it’s structure and level design was the most linear and claustrophobic (there were almost no optional areas to explore that weren’t just a couple “hallways” strewn together), and its entire storyline’s stakes were so small and non-intergalactic compared to the others.

The only pain I see is you using light mode

2 Likes

Which is great, but I wouldn’t mind seeing something else too, like something like Mortal Shell for example, or the today released Insurgency. Of course the publisher has to be ok with that too, I realize that.

Basically a few bigger scale more often is what I’m trying to say, definitely wouldn’t mind that. We’re getting Avengers tomorrow, so that’s great. I can only see it getting better from here.

I was actually one of those ME2 is the greatest game ever played and after this last Playthrough on the legendary edition (after the improvements to 1 and @anon15396042 pointing out issues with 2) I kinda opened my eyes and realized this game really isnt THAT amazing as I thought it was. If this is what people want from a ME game structure wise you can count me out today lol.

ME2 is like the ultimate side quest filled with additional side quests in the history of gaming tbh. Does nothing to move the narrative aside from the final scene and the DLC.

1 Like

Tbf it had the best character development in the trilogy IMO.

1 Like

I wonder if TGA this year will have a new trailer for The wolf Among Us 2, it’s been almost a full year.

Eh idk. Besides Miranda or maybe Thane I dont think anybody got any sort of development character wise. Maybe Tali with her loyalty mission and seeing her grow and Liara from outside looking in.

Yes. According to those who say Microsoft/Xbox had nothing to do with companies they’ve acquired that had projects in the works, we’ve seen it get the Indie GOTY candidate with Psychonauts 2…

Every month several indies of Hell Let Loose scale or even bigger launch on GP.

Looks like I will not be live streaming much if at all until Friday night for the Halo Infinite community night, but next Monday I’ll have something special to stream on our twitch channel so stay tuned.

Yep, I am legit thinking I shall be having more fun in this game than FH5 even though that game is one of my most anticipated anyway. Haven’t had a great pure-arcade racer in a long time, and I’m glad to see this game reviewing so well, hoping the post-launch stuff is reasonably done. But even so, the launch seems meaty enough, just hoping for more modes to be added to the game in a post-launch update and we’re gold.

1 Like

YO WHAT?!

Isn’t this a leak?

Some folks must be mad upset to realize this wasn’t as dramatic as they were making it out to be.

7 Likes