XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

The only way that makes sense if Sony leveraged their >1% ownership of FromSoftware’s parent company Kadokawa.

I don’t think it works that way since it’s only 1%

Then I have no idea what happened.

1% gives you that kind of influence? Ah well, another game I don’t care about getting moneyhatted.

1 Like

I would say MS might be worried about companies trying to take MS to the bank and ask for ridiculous money and if MS keeps giving in more people will think they can get away with it. It could just purely be marketing rights which isn’t a big deal. If it does go Sony exclusive let’s watch and see how the reactions are considering it was announced for the Xbox platform already.

Also it’s kinda bad the views Xbox got for the trailer lol

It’s kind of ridiculous how “marketing rights” became just as important as exclusivity, but that’s the game now I guess, with both sides fighting for something.

When Sony gets marketing rights, they typically use it ensure some form of either timed/content exclusivity or first dibs at streaming rights/gamePass denial.

When Microsoft gets marketing rights, they typically try to use to leverage GamePass with the probability of getting Day 1.

Fucking hell, I thought it was a Dead Space remake for a séc

2 Likes

Not exactly, didn’t they have the rights for RE8?

I want to believe.

3 Likes

Right, which, if we believe that contract, meant Microsoft couldn’t try to get it Day 1 on GP.

Not that I ever believed RE8 was Day 1 on GP.

Eh not a big deal really, as long as it’s on the console it doesn’t matter imo.

This is how I’ve always used the forum. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Cool. Series S gon love having this in the coming years

6 Likes

That’s really great news !

1 Like

I wonder if we’ll hear anything about this or Xbox’s technique at E3? I’m not sure it’s the right venue, but maybe they could have a short demo and cover the actual details in a blog.

In a sense it is. Same creative lead as Visceral . :slight_smile:

Oh, I know! That’s why I thought it was a remake announcement!

But the picture is just from a (very impressive) cosplay. :frowning:

1 Like

If anyone just want to share there play experience of today pls share here :smiley:

2 Likes

If Sony somehow get Elden ring as a timed exclusive I am going to be pissed at Bandai Namco but this is a BIG IF IMO

If sony got it as exclusive you should also be mad at xbox. They shouldn’t allow that to happen.