XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

From the 2021 release date trailer to “We believe in generations”, it’s funny how all games enthusiasts just accept that Sony is constantly lying to us.

1 Like

:face_with_monocle:

Oh wow

1 Like

Just a reminder that Phil Spencer got roasted for being honest about cross gen.

15 Likes

I really dislike this dirty play of announcing a game to a date while knowing it would never be released on said date.

Announcing the game for 2021 to drive hype and make it another reason for people to buy a PS5, when they knew damn well it wouldn’t be released in 2021.

But hey, it works! Look how everyone bashes on Xbox for not giving estimates of when their games will be released :man_shrugging:

23 Likes

scalpers laughing even harder

today was not a good day for fanboys…

10 Likes

THIS type of crap is why I can’t stand Sony’s deceitful crap compared to Xbox, and yes I own a PS5 for a couple of games a year too. They feed the next gen only console warrior trash against Xbox last year and then have multiple of their biggest games doing cross gen releases.

So Sony supposedly decided to push God of War sequel to 2022 after just revealing a freaking logo last year and claiming both it and Horizon Forbidden West would be coming in 2021, that game was NEVER targeted for 2021. So they pull some marketing garbage and then get pats on the back for taking the extra time to polish the game or something.

And finally they are starting to put games on PC and talking about finding the right time to release them on there after helping to foster anti Xbox crap about PC platform getting first party games.

1 Like

Holy shit, I had missed the cross-gen news. Motherfuckers!

4 Likes

Sony lying to consumers ? No way…I don’t believe you.

10 Likes

You’re right. It was great!

tony the tiger 90s GIF

2 Likes

Agree completely even though im not a fan of hardware manufacturers releasing cross-gen games. I don’t care which of the three but if you’re releasing new hardware that starts a new generation of gaming, you need exclusives for only that console.

I know people will say well, that’s not fair or this or that. Nah. Come on. I waited 3 years to buy Xbox 360 and PS3. I didn’t cry. I simply waited until I bought both consoles and then just bought the games that I wanted since day one.

Jim Ryan is a business/numbers dude so none of this is surprising. He’s going to do insane numbers for PlayStation and Sony which will make their investors and stockholders love him even more. Gamers on the other hand are probably 50/50.

1 Like

My hype is dead at this point!!!

Angry GIF by Malcolm France

X Factor Xf12 GIF by X Factor Italia

10 Likes

now the conversation is: just look at Forbidden West, obviously cross generation development is no issue.

i can’t

At the very end of all this, Microsoft may actually have their cutover point before Sony.

2 Likes

And he says that after they announced the delay…

Did he sat on that info ? If he knew, why didn’t he say anything ? But casually said Starfield was fall 2022 out of nowhere… :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

A thousand rabid console warriors scream into the abyss… lmao

17 Likes

Probably cause GoW was publicly 2021?

Nobody knows the State of Starfield.

1 Like

9 Likes