XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

It was in the context of comparing the resources Insomniac as a dev has access to vs. Remedy’s. Insomniac games (especially now) have to focus on polishing and quality over all, but Remedy’s have to come up and implement crazy creative ideas because of more modest budget and as a way of standing out. Sam talked about provoking the player and his comment wasn’t a dig to the interviewer’s company, but interesting to hear it directly from him regardless.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Movies and TV shows thread

How hopeless is it that Xbox will get Zenless Zone Zero? Just played a bit of the test (beta) today and it seems like it could be quite good. Played great on my ROG Ally too.

I bought Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (my last game of the year probably). Have you played it? Is it any good?

I thought it was a very good JRPG with fun combat too, even if it can be a bit simplistic.

2 Likes

Even besides Mihoyo titles I don’t think any of these console gachas have come to/been announced for Xbox so it seems slim to none.

:worried:

Very enjoyable; my entry to Tales of series.

4 Likes

What’s with the Sony going bankrupt thing going on around the twitterverse. Is it fanboy driven crap or is there merit to it? I don’t believe it or want it to happen anyway.

Sounds like fanboy crap, maybe related to the class action lawsuit?

I saw it from Jez’s twitter, apparently it’s from a Japanese “insider”. Ehhh I know things has been kind of turbulent within SIE but this seems like a reach/nothing burger.

It’s bs

3 Likes

It would take major failure in their Life Insurance, Life Care, Financial, Bank, and Assurance business segments. Think something in the scale of how the financial collapse of 2008 happened.

Sorry, I meant SIE lol, but yeah all sounds bs

At first I didn’t think just SIE could file, but they’re structured so its possible.

ChatGPT says:

Sony Interactive Entertainment is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation, which is a publicly traded company. If Sony Interactive Entertainment were to file for bankruptcy, it would be a separate legal entity from Sony Corporation and would not affect the parent company’s financial standing. However, I could not find any information that suggests Sony Interactive Entertainment is planning to file for bankruptcy

And links back to reddit post from a year ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sony/comments/zk06ln/sony_is_going_to_file_for_chapter_11_bankruptcy/

It is based on some analysis firm speculating on some insider info.

The insider info might be correct but there speculation is totally wrong.

This isn’t the first time SIE selling a loss making console and Sony knows this business very well.

And in last quarter SIE’s service and game revenue did very well.

No way Sony or PS will go under. They are taking a hit as of now, but they will recover, however long it will take.

Anybody been following the success of lethal company? Seen it pop up in my feeds a few times in the last couple of weeks and decided to have a look. It’s made by Zeekers a single Dev who started out making games within roblox and has expanded out into steam PC releases. Keeps hitting daily highs with a few hours ago being the current peak of nearly 180k concurrent players. Very simple graphics made in unity but it’s amazing to see something from one person doing so well

I saw a tweet yesterday that a big amount of dogs of the XL bully breed will be killed once the ban for the dogs starts in the UK. Some miserable piece of shit said this was good. I couldn’t help reacting to it and someone else said they took a look at my profile picture which is my Stafford and they said “can’t wait to euthanize” him.

Bet your ass I reported that tweet, doubt anything will be done though. Really though, hating like that on the most amazing kind of animal like that, how miserable and rotten are you? One thing is for sure, I don’t ever want folks like that around me.

3 Likes

People on Twitter can call for the genocide of other humans and nothing happens to them. Musk made the platform a disgusting hellhole.

3 Likes