Movies and TV shows thread

He is the main producer of the film and owner of the franchise.

I Wish I Was Dead

The whish memes are everywhere :laughing:

Yeah that first trailer already looked so genetic, I am not shocked.

Been watching The Americans from FX. Great stuff, this is all the espionage drama fix you could ask for in a cold war setting that’s incredibly detailed and immersive, and with very powerful performances. What’s impressive is that It’s character and period drama but doesn’t feel heavy or slow, it’s surprisingly binge-able. I don’t know how this show wasn’t that popular, I highly recommend it if you like quality TV.

1 Like

Is Prime Video known for mislabeling stuff? I’m watching the movie Warcraft and it is labeled as HDR. However, the movie is in SDR. Other content such as The Boys plays fine in HDR.

If content doesn’t play in Dolby Vision, shouldn’t it automatically use HDR10, or is this indeed a matter of Prime mislabeling stuff?

Just watched the Warcraft movie. Finally. I kept pushing it aside expecting it to be trash, because of the RT score, which is 29%. But since RT has proven to be absolutely worth zero, decided to finally check it out. 29% for this is a joke. I actually really enjoyed it.

I am not familiar with the lore of Warcraft, so maybe some stuff wasn’t correct but I thought it was very enjoyable and had a good story.

1 Like

I think movies and tv series based on popular IP needs to have two different scores. First and foremost is the score as a separate standalone medium. Last is how it stands up to the established lore.

There have been many enjoyable series and movies that were canceled despite being enjoyable solely because of how vocal the complaints are about their deviations. Too many complaints and the IP will become or remain dead because no producers/developers want to deal with that.

I would rather have adaptations exist than none at all, especially when they could make improvements on their next attempts.

Absolutely!

And I checked the user score, that’s a world of difference. 76%

It’s clear that a sequel was planned, but after Googling it, it seems that isn’t likely to happen. There are a few things I didn’t like, but overall I thought it was a good watch for sure. And the CGI is superb.

1 Like

yeah adaptations are a big issue on RT. A recent example is Bullet Train. Its a really enjoyable film but as an adaptation of the book its fucking atrocious, hence the rotten RT score.

1 Like

RT score is actually just the percentage of outlets that gave something a positive review, a 30 on RT means 30 out of 100 sources gave it a positive review, and I find this a more helpful than weighing all the different scores to an average.

2 Likes

After an excellent first season, I was a bit disappointed with season two. And season three is so ordinary that it doesn’t seem worth continuing after two episodes.

Might just skip to season 5, since they’re all separate storylines anyway.

I loved S2, and agree on S3 it was boring but I sat through for Carrie Coon.

Man I can’t wait for Killers of the Flower Moon to hit streaming. I hope it’s soon.

2 Likes

Fassbender ? Yes i loved it. Brooding but satisfying.

1 Like

Soooooo…Disney just got another bomb with wish just after their biggest bomba in theaters a few weeks ago (the marvels). 2023 is not being kind to them.

Literally only 1 Disney movie made profit this year and the dude that made the movie left the company for their rival. :phil_lmao:

1 Like

GOTG 3 and James gunn right? Imagime if plans for the DCCU (:v) are a success? Disney may regret this decision for the rest of their lives :grimacing:

Disney’s problems go way beyond one guy, even if they kept him they’d still be in a dire state, Star Wars, Marvel, animation are all in a terrible state and they are losing huge amounts of money on Disney+

Both their movie and tv budgets are completely out of control and they’ve made their audiences no longer care about, Disney used to have that Nintendo appeal where if it had the Disney logo it was a must have

Now it’s the opposite and I don’t see anything changing unless there’s a huge overhaul in management

Are you talking about the sequence in the Florida house ;)?

If so, absolutely agreed. I can’t be wholly objective with Fincher (I love pretty much everything he’s made), but I loved The Killer, and Fassbender was incredible (also as usual). The supporting cast was equally so; the restaurant scene… the tension was palpable.

Yep, that’s the one, had me stressed ! Very cool sound designs too, subtle but very effective.

They were showing the movie at my theatre but I didn’t get a chance to see it, really regret it now.

1 Like