XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

It’s ridiculous, so basically all the options that you can select when reporting someone are there for nothing? Sigh.

It always has been

2 Likes

A random question for you all:

Is force feedback in your analog thumb sticks a feature you would like?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

A few sleepless nights ago I thought of a way to implement force feedback on analog thumbsticks, and honestly there are probably many solutions out there, but the real question is do we really need it? I can imagine it working well with racing games, platformers, and immersive walking simulators. I’m sure it would be turned off for competitive FPS players, but the side benefit here is to also adjust your analogue stick tension on demand, or make your left and right stick different in tension.

Nope.

I have all the vibration/trigger stuff turned off at the console settings level for both Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.

4 Likes

For those not watching the pod cast.

https://x.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1728804341987877134?s=20

I’d like to see a trailer TGA. Visually I was hoping for a great deal better than GK though.

2 Likes

I’m not really sure this would be feasible. Stick drift is bad enough without adding a vibrating motor/resistance into the mix and I’m pretty sure any motor would interfere with hall effect sensors.

For me no, but if Microsoft were to add any and all features of other controllers to their own I would welcome it as long as I can turn everything off except the current rumble.

Edit: one feature I do want them to add is the Gamesir controllers sticks to help with stick drift.

1 Like

Personally no, I think like adaptive triggers it would actually become quite annoying and I would just turn it off. The only thing I really want to see is better haptics and perhaps a speaker (depending how it’s implemented) which the ‘leak’ seems to suggest we are getting.

Intesting, it seems they use the similar tech to the GuliKit sticks

https://www.gulikit.com/newsinfo/521065.html

6 Likes

Dont know if it counts as cross-site drama but I just want to let know those who regularly visit otherera. I’ve been seeing some of the worst console warriors of neogaf appearing and creating accounts recently there.

2 Likes

Cant wait for Sebille. Haptic Feedback is loooooong overdue on the Xbox controller.

2 Likes

Haven’t been to that looney bin for a long time and life is better for it.

4 Likes

https://x.com/blooberteam/status/1728881203401687235?s=61&t=UF3sdM-kacs488qXlpVRPQ

Today I read that Bloober blamed Konami for not marketing the remake, huh.

2 Likes

Worst case scenario is the game not getting presented enough means it won’t be good. As of now, we have no idea on its gameplay and visual. I know we got glimpses, but we need a world premiere.

Yup, and judging by this message it won’t be at TGA.

People are expecting Resident Evil Remake quality from this game. Bloober is a Double AA team and I’m sure they aren’t getting the budget or have a custom AAA engine needed to make a game like that. It would be a gut punch if Overdose by Kojima Productions is shown and it’s the Xbox game boy wouldn’t that be a chuckle.

1 Like

This would have zero stick drift issues. It actually reinforces the thumb stick so there’s no stick drift. Think of the Dreamcast controller to get a general idea of how it would work.

We all know it’s gonna score somewhat well( the bloober Silent Hill game) anyway because you know why :smirk:

4 Likes

Quick Resume just failed me for the first time :worried:. Mostly my fault for not saving, but I’ve been relying on it without fail for so long now. My routine for a while now has been to start playing Yakuza (currently Yakuza 3) after playing my multiplayer games for the night. At some point when I decide to go upstairs for the night (usually during a cutscenes) I pause or go to the home screen for Y3 because it has no cutscenes pause and continue over remote play from bed. But it froze on the load screen and after going back to the home screen the next load restarted the game. I only lost about an hour, but most of that was an unskippable cutscene.

3 Likes

My favorite rpg of the 360 gen.

3 Likes