XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

I’d rather MS trying hard on TGA’s over a January conference, nowadays Geoff’s show is probably the biggest gaming event with like over a hundred million views, if they got some good stuff from HB2, Avowed or any game announcement ready, the focus should be TGA and E3 imo.

Awards wise i couldn’t care less, it’s just console war material, all i know is BG3 is miles ahead of anything else i’ve tried this year and last ones

That Starfield was a good game but it still needs modding support to try to fix exploration to make it a really great one, and that i will probably be playing it several times in the coming years.

That from what i’ve read, if FM fixes the crashes and bugs soon, it’s a damn good game even tho it can’t be nominated because potato.

And that as per usual, cinematic mainstream games are overrated as hell so i wouldn’t be surprised to see stuff like Hogwarts or Spiderman 2, even if at least the first on these really doesn’t deserve since it’s forgettable as fuck.

These are my tastes of course, i don’t need Geoff or a few dozens of guys from gaming press who aren’t anything special, to tell me which game is better or worse or which one should i like.

1 Like

Not going to lie, I’m still flabbergasted to see Xbox marketing for this type of game.

10 Likes

I’d like to think they wouldn’t due to last year setting a precedent, but then again the SEO must be fed. Honestly though, it shouldn’t matter. The media can say whatever they want, Xbox will keep doing what it does. They should just take a page out of Nintendo’s book and pay them no mind. Just do what they’re gonna do and let the products speak for themselves. It’s not like people AREN’T going to play the games, especially when they get the attention they do.

1 Like

The leak footage is now real

https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1711549000405471715

6 Likes

This week just keeps on giving.

1 Like

I might get some heat for this but I do think that Halo Infinite should also include a 3rd person option especially for PvE modes (obviously remove it for ranked).

At the same time too it would be something that’s so low priority compared to all of the other stuff Infinite has to fix first, but that list is getting shorter and shorter.

1 Like

Dark tide is now at #15 most played in USA.

Forza is T #37. That means there were many first access players. Impressive.

1 Like

I think a spinoff Halo should be in 1st/3rd person, but not the mainline.

1 Like

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1711711847563292782?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

4 Likes

Wonder when full release of Slime Rancher 2 is, would be the ideal chill game to play inbetween Starfield for me. Lightyear Frontier could be too, but that got moved to 2024 if I’m not mistaken.

I agree if they’re able to fix the servers and remove hackers on the online side of things.

They should release all of the single player only games at once though.

1 Like

I am unsure about this, but I guess could bring most of the 360 games right away and then slowly release the others. I think for DIablo’s case it’s probably better to release D2 and D3, and then let D4 sit a until like season 3 or 4. I think for COD just release the 360 ones and some of the older xbox one COD games. Then I agree that single player games like Tony Hawk, Crash, and Spyro should be there day one. I think the only current game that should go on service ASAP is Crash Rumble since that game needs bodies

2 Likes

Yeah it’s tough. I just think those COD titles are actually popular enough to where each drop can be a miniature event.

Those 360 COD titles were legit charting at some points on NPD this year simply off the strength of the servers fixed. Imagine them when 20 million + can all access it.

This isn’t Bethesda where 90% of the titles are “irrelevant” to the average gamer in terms of must play games, COD is a different kind of beast.

Oh well, the Xbox team will figure it out. This is a good problem to have lol.

5 Likes

Yeah, hopefully it’s similar to how they did Bethesda.

1 Like

I do wonder if they will do something about the hackers when they come to GP, there will be a huge amount of people jumping into these classic cods when they arrive on GP

Activision doing nothing about them is expected as they only care about the newest game but expectations will be higher for MS, I don’t think a big ban wave for obvious hackers should really be that hard to pull off

This is the AC I’m waiting for!

https://x.com/RinoTheBouncer/status/1711503129500430554?s=20

Please don’t fuck it up. Been wishing for years and years for mainline AC Japan.

7 Likes

yeah i’ve been waiting for it since playing aragami 2 and wanted a AAA version of it

4 Likes

What do yall think about making a screenshot sharing thread? I thought we had one, but I haven’t seen it in months?

The Gaming Screenshots Thread |OT| - Community - XboxEra

2 Likes

Man, there is way too much stuff to play. Going through my NG+ on Starfield (after 100 hours on the game), Season 5 of Halo Infinite around the corner, Lies of P, AC: Mirage, Cocoon (almost done on that one!), The Last Case of Benedict Fox (pretty fun after the patchs), Darktide, Lamplighters League (needs some patches tho), Sea of Stars and so much more lmao :frowning: i can’t handle all these games. Alan Wake 2 almost here too. Jesus.

Even Redfall is good fun after the Game Update 2. Gonna hold off on that after more patches and the DLC’s tho. Can’t wait for Baldur’s Gate 3 on Xbox too. Fuuuuuuuck.

2 Likes