XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

No joke, Curveball for SoD2 has been great! Seriously, it’s worth doing another playthrough.

7 Likes

Purchase studio makes the biggest game on rival platform

That’s enough said

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1711479684200841554?s=19

8 Likes

I don’t wish ill but feels like this week life is correcting itself.

I suspected this would be the inevitable result. It was such a fuck up that the top person has to go as a change of such magnitude would have to have at least his consent.

4 Likes

FAFO

At the end of the day…who gives a shit?

https://x.com/Okami13_/status/1711453239189622934?s=20

The fixation on numbers, man.

6 Likes

The 88 cuuuurse… OOoOoO :ghost:

I think a lot of my favorite games are in like the 70s or something, or don’t even have metascores at all, lol.

9 Likes

Does it even matter when it’s all rigged? I guess to these idiotas it does.

6 Likes

Yup. And it seems it will likely count for TGA too.

Shinobi602 made a prediction of the GOTY nominees and he doesn’t expect Starfield to be in there. He made it clear it’s not his opinion, but based on the numbers it got from some bigger sites.

I’ve truly always hated giving a game, movie, music a number. Back when me, my brother and our friends had our own game site I always opted for no ratings in reviews, but I was in the minority on that.

https://x.com/playxdefiant/status/1711472235095925059?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

While I wouldn’t say this game is DOA or has no chance to succeed, the chance to make a big name is pretty much out. Once CoD hits Game Pass, it’s all over on trying to shine.

2 Likes

Yeah, its def not getting nominated based on current narrative and being a polarizing game.

That would be some damn bullshit.

3 Likes

Of course it’s getting nominated. Otherwise the reject who screams out “Please not Starfield” will look like an even bigger loser than they already are.

Honestly, I’d rather Xbox not show up with anything at all. They obviously don’t need the attention the VGA draw when every dipshit with a news colum or YouTube channel will fall over themselves to cry to the heavens “Xbox Bad” at any announcement. This giving whatever announcement enough buzz on it’s own. So why throw your trailers in to compete with everyone else’s announcement when they can do another Dev showcase in January and get all eyes on them.

1 Like

Death Stranding was nominated and that was way more polarising than Starfield. Granted that was a weaker year…

Hmmm, you got a point there.

Yeah, I might be pessimistic, but I think it might get snubbed due to how strong 2023 is. However, I could see Starfield being included due to the discourse it will cause, but yeah I can see them choosing between FF16 or Starfield tbh. Again, I could be wrong, but I am about 50/50 about Starfield getting nominated for GOTY at the VGAs.

With the huge population still playing Starfield, I wouldn’t say the game is polarizing, just the impression some in the medias and youtube want to give.

8 Likes

Why would people expect anything different from the Keighlys? One of the reasons I stopped watching years ago. It’s only good for trailers anyway and I can go to Youtube for that.

I wonder if Xbox skips the Keighlys again this year will we get the same mass sperging we got last year when they decided not to show anything. It was the end of xbox according to many a gaming Youtuber ( including some alleged Xbox Youtubers) until they blew the doors off at the end of January with Forza footage and Hi Fi Rush shadow Drop. Honestly I’d rather they revived X0 this year.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Starfield doesn’t make it, between the year being absolutely stacked and the “narratives” people are trying to force

At the end of the day, it’s irrelevant, nothing is going to beat Zelda or BG3, so anything else getting nominated aren’t contenders anyway

Either way, who gives af, these awards are ass, FH5 was iirc, higher rated than any of the contenders in 2021 and probably more played than any of the others too and didn’t make it, just one example of why these awards are pointless

8 Likes