XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

Yeah Im just thinking its issues with the VRR stuff and 120HZ thats causing issues with the TV and Series X.

Some issues Ive had my Series X:

• Booting up at 640p
  • Consistent controller disconnect issues (goes back beyond the Series X launch and I think its the most highlighted issue on the system right now)
  • HDR sometimes seems to stop working if the console goes idle
  • HDR sometimes just doesn’t register on screenshots

PS5 Issues:

• Controller just disconnected once and wouldn’t connect to the console at all
  • Boots up with crushing whites
  • Strange sounds when booting up

Any chance it could be an electrical issue with where you live? Or maybe strong RF interference? It’s strange that you’re having issues with both consoles.

1 Like

Nah never had these issues with either ps4 or xbox one x.

Yeah, probably just an issue with the VRR at 120hz then as you said.

The controller issue on both is weird though. Hope you get that figured out.

I read the controller issue on Xbox is a known system one which I hope gets fixed soon. Whenever it decides to be consistent its just awful.

Hey folks - we want some more feedback from you lot, this time on the most boring of subjects - ADS.

(No, not aim-down-sight)

Click here and let us know your thoughts!

2 Likes

There definitely seem to be issues with 120hz and VRR. I have some with my XSX and C9 too. Flickering in the some menus where the background is grey, flickering in some games too.

I follow some of these TV centric channels and they all agree that these companies have been struggling to perfectly nail VRR implementation with 4K120HZ thing.

Which is why Sony is kinda non-committal on their VRR TV solution as of now.

Hmmm, that makes sense.

It’s only a few games where I had it, but it’s unfortunate. I was told that keeping it at 120hz even for games to don’t use it, it’s still beneficial apparently. So that’s why I keep it on. And VRR is immensely beneficial for ACV.

Same happens on LG and Samsung, something isn’t quite figured out

So it’s probably a issue caused by XSX? Ah well, it’s not the end of the world and so far really only a few games are affected.

No its the tv manufacturers.

Oh, that is good to know. So basically we gotta hope for a firmware update by LG, Samsung etc.

just release the DLC already, guys. Damn :sob:

When it is doing it I switch game, or go to YouTube, and when I come back it has stopped flickering but it is a pain so I tend to leave it at 60.

On top of that, the Q90R only has a 24 gbps hdmi (sort of a hdmi 2.0+ rather than full 2.1) so it does 4k 120hz VRR HDR, but I’m still suspicious that the image isn’t as good as the 60hz, just by the eye test, before considering flickering. Possibly something to do with chroma 4:2:2 vs 4:2:0 - the slugs that work for Samsung tech support barely understood what I was asking let alone provide an answer, so I just stick with 60hz unless a game has 120hz. As you point out, this is very few at the moment, especially single player.

Has anyone been able to confirm for you that using 120hz output improves 60hz games? I have heard the same about football (soccer) games running with less blur at 120hz

Hitman III is fucking gorgeous.

I was playing Club 27 (by far one of if not my favorite mission) and everything is just some damn pretty.

Like Hitman III is SO SMOOTH AND BEAUTIFUL. I just can’t get over it.

2 Likes

If it becomes a real annoyance I will put it back to 60hz too, since really only a few games use it and for me that’s rarely. But according to AVS putting it at 120hz still offers benefits to non-120hz games.

I’ve stopped playing Kingdoms of Amalur. I just couldn’t get into the story, characters, locations at all. Felt soulless to me for some reason.

Looks great. I really have no reason to buy games anymore…

3 Likes

Yep. Since Game Pass began I’ve only bought like 3 games. When first party games start dropping more often it’s gonna be so bloody good.

Are you telling me I have to solve a hard random generated puzzle in Dishonored 2 to make a a no kill run? :sweat_smile:

1 Like