Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

It will be quite amusing if SoD goes from having some of the jankiest animations going to being among the best.

2 Likes

Maybe they are actually going for what the SoD 3 trailer showed us.

Those would be cool locations as well

1 Like

It absolutely is. Fallout is intrinsically about the post-WWII nuclear arms race, Americana, and the intertwining of the two in an alternate reality where nuclear power beat out fossil fuels and the 50s conservatism won out… which included the xenophobia and ultra-nationalism that eventually leads to the nuclear apocalypse.

1 Like

I can agree to this. Still want a Fallout game set in Europe though. :phil_lmao:

1 Like

Can’t wait to see what a fully MS supported State of Decay looks like.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a Fallout game made in Europe especially in Britain, London, or Italy and maybe Playground Games could do it after Fable.

I want a game like Far Cry from XGS. This is my new thing thanks to @Cairnst

1 Like

Philadelphia would actually be pretty cool. Deeply tied to US history (first capital, Independence Hall, Liberty Bell etc), interesting and diverse areas/geography… I could see it.

Not that I really care much about playing Fallout compared to other BGS stuff… Hope Starfield 2 is after TES 6 and Fallout heads to the remaster/spinoff farm. sorrynotsorry.

1 Like

Isn’t that Halo Infinite? :rofl:

(I’m kidding for the record)

1 Like

Philly is a good call, especially if BGS wants to continue doing their own thing in the East coast. I would personally like a game set around Ceasar’s legion territory. Like around Denver or a game about Ceasar’s legion expanding into Texas.

ngl Halo Infinite did give me some Far Cry vibes

Why are y’all talking about a 2030+ game this early :pensive:

1 Like
5 Likes

Just your daily reminder that mobile gaming is absolutely massive, and a massive reason why Microsoft is buying ABK.

12 Likes

Crazy. And Warzone will be a separate mobile game :fire:

My picks:

• Denver (New Vegas sequel)
  • LA or Chicago (Fallout 5)
  • London (spin-off)

I think this will be handled by BGS (mainline 100%). Maybe Obsidian will return to it after Avowed is shipped (next year I would guess).

But that would bring some questions as assets made using the Creation Engine 2 don’t exist and I would suppose that this would be BGS’ task to make these and lead the art direction of next-gen Fallout (unless you can convert like from UE4 to UE5 but I think it’s unlikely).

But I also guess that pre-production of Fallout 5 will start after Starfield is shipped so it may not be a problem ultimately.

I want Xbox to make a level editor like Far Cry 5 but with assets from every Xbox property and use IDTech as it’s game engine. So basically the Xbox FPS version of Super Mario Maker.

1 Like

Philadelphia would be the best east coast setting, but they need to also include the suburbs also known as the main line. They could also do a DLC where you cross the New Jersey bridge. They could do some great stuff in Philadelphia, I’d love for them to do my city and my suburbs.

1 Like
10 Likes