Windows Central Rumour Roundup - Kojima, 4 Global Publishing Projects, Nintendo Collaboration

State of Decay 3 might also be 2024+, again depending on the scale at launch.

1 Like

That’s true, I was forgetting SOD3.

1 Like

On the topic of game releases, wasn’t it @Klobrille that said that most of the internal target releases are not beyond 2023 ?

For Valve and Microsoft, I can definitely see the interest of releasing Game Pass on Steam. That way more people would flock to Steam because you also have access to subscription services like EA Play and Game Pass, and for MS, that would mean even more users for their service.

2 Likes

Yeah, and Sony is investing in Epic, I assume we’ll start to see more and more PS games on the Epic Game Store. Makes sense for Xbox to go all-in with Steam imo.

1 Like

Wait, that quote about Fable…that person retracted that and said people overreacted and that he was just guessing or something?

Yes, that’s what I meant. He went back on that comment, didn’t he? Because I can’t see Avowed being crazy far away.

Ah my bad, Avowed actually is not mentioned there in that part. But this dude dit get back on that comment.

I was never expecting Fable to come anytime soon so that’s no shocker for me. I hope the Kojima stuff is true.

I’m not sure if Chris walked back his comment. Haven’t seen that.

one of these must be the E rated game right

1 Like

The cyclone is in regards to a Global Publishing title that has a “shared world” and my theory is it’s the Avalanche Studios game.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

Ok, so he did walk the comment back in two tweets, even calling it a throwaway comment. So we can pretty much ignore it.

https://twitter.com/Chris_Dring/status/1381505627508342785?s=20

Yes sir. So the dream is not dead yet that the game could be next year or at the latest 2023. But we did have Grubb saying Fable, Avowed are very far away, so who even knows at this point. Meh. And what is very far away anyway?

Agreed. It’s very subjective so we don’t really have enough info to determine if they mean by 2023, or by 2025. They probably don’t even know what they mean as I doubt they’ve been given an indication of a potential launch year for games still very much in development.

1 Like

Not sure that is what they mean by ‘a connected world’. Think they mean shared world.

I assume Fable is 2023 and Avowed is too. I can see Hellblade in 2022, maybe Compulsion’s new game too. And Forza Motosport. And Gears 6 could maybe be 2022 (would be same turnaround time as b/t Gears 4–>5).

I think those are good guesses, though I could see Coalition taking an extra year to try and really nail their next game.

1 Like

Fable is early 2024 at the latest for me.

3 Likes

“legendary and award-winning industry insider Shpeshal Ed”

The bromance continues.

1 Like

Maybe Dring should shut the hell up if he’s so upset about “getting a lot of this”.

If you don’t have anything nice to say, just wander away while silently farting. We call that crop dusting.

I mean, when you throw out hot-takes, you should expect hot-responses in return, so not sure what he thought would happen. Doesn’t seem like he really thought ahead with his comment.