Windows Central Rumour Roundup - Kojima, 4 Global Publishing Projects, Nintendo Collaboration

no, that’s arbitrary and needless.

Halo Infinite was also supposed to be this “first halo since Halo CE to launch alongside a console”, but look how that turned out. It shifted from one arbitrary milestone to another one, now the “20th anniversary” thing. Trying to stick to these anniversary stuff is just annoying and arbitrary and never work out the way you would expect.

Like for example, what did Nintendo give for Zelda’s anniversary this year? A decade old game ported for 60 dollars?

2 Likes

I would wager “prepare to be surprised” then.

2 Likes

No development was going on with Fable in 2017 or 18. PG were still looking for a new studio then.

I honestly think the take that these games are as far out as 2025 are a little bizarre. I think most are likely on track for 2022-2024.

2 Likes

A Portal 3 reveal in general would make me scream, exclusive to Xbox/PC and day one on Game Pass would be absolute bananas. Portal 2 is one of my favorite games of all-time, solo and coop.

I do believe the Steam AND Nintendo rumors. I’m sure Valve would be happy to grab a % of those subs, on top of the % they make on Xbox games sold on Steam.

Nintendo and Xbox have been pretty close these past couple years, Nintendo needs help for all the online stuff, MS can bring that. Nintendo needs solid streaming options and they need big mature games, MS can bring that. MS needs a foot in Japan and in the handheld market, Nintendo can bring that.

2 Likes

I would wager if things go planned, Perfect Dark, Compulsion’s game and Fable would be the big Xbox games for 2023 with Hellblade 2, Everwild and Avowed for 2022.

1 Like

They are still looking for key staff, and are relatively small still.

New studios and covid, hiring a team, coming up with a pitch, pre production, all adds up to games that ain’t coming soon

Yeah I’m not sure I believe that tbh. I think we’ll start to see some of these games in 2022 (Hellblade 2 would be my best guess). Fable has been in development since 2017, 2018 at the latest. 2023 sounds likely to me, depending on the scale of the game.

If we’re talking ES6, State of Decay 3 or InXile’s big ARPG then yes, these games could be 2024-2026.

1 Like

Maybe if game pass was on steam that could be part of the deal? Like maybe valve give xbox a better cut, for instance maybe valve will only take 15% of xbox game studios published games and subscriptions, and all valve non VR games are console exclusive to xbox?

I honestly could see that happening

1 Like

Yeah that’s not impossible. Steam has made a ton of money from Xbox games these past couple years.

Where is the evidence for that? So they been doing nothing since 2017 when those rumors popped up?

The latest I see all these batches of announced games dropping is 2023 and the furthest one out being ES6 maybe in 2024. I think the cycle between Starfield and ES6 wont be as long as people think its going to be.

1 Like

Yeah I agree, I think people are forgetting all the studios that bethesda has added to itself since ~2018. I am sure that the upper manegment at bethesda decided that they couldnt wait 5 or more years between big game releases anymore, and needed them on a more regular interval.

If I had to guess I think bethesda proper will release a game every ~3 years moving forward (And I dont mean a mainline title then a smaller side thing, I mean a full fledged title every ~3 years)

Yeah we don’t have much details on that. I found this little article from January 2018: Sources: Microsoft plots Fable return | Eurogamer.net

It seems at that point development was under way but with 2 digit team members so I guess pre-prod, setting up a narrative, etc… Who knows.

Hindle is conflating things, we know that fable started development at the very end of 2017 (and I mean pre production, not full) Sure they didnt have the actual building that the second studio was going to be in yet but the fable team was still small, they just worked in the same building as the forza horizon team until they grew to a size that required a dedicated building

Not having a dedicated building =/= not having a team working on a project

1 Like

The game Jez is teasing is a new IP.

I’m also of the opinion that every game Microsoft has currently revealed will launch before the end of 2023 excluding TESVI and State of Decay 3 if there are revamping the series. An outside shot at Perfect Dark but I expect that one to launch in 2023 as well.

4 Likes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t know honestly, it really depends on the scale of the game. They announced The Initiative in June 2018 and they’re still hiring quite a bit. But that game is in a playable state, has been for a while. I really have no idea when to expect that game, I would guess Fall 2023 at the earliest, unless it’s an episodic game or something like that.

I get all that, but 3 years away (2024) isn’t soon. I think even Perfect Dark will be ready in that time frame, and that’s probably the furthest out from what they’ve shown.

1 Like