Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

There isn’t. Sony has announced third party stuff for 2022 and 2023 (Pragmata, Forspoken) and Wolfenstein 3 was not a part of that.

Yeah thought as much, also he exaggerated a little too.

Games not coming soon, doesn’t mean “years away” from now, they’ll take their time as we all already expected.

I wonder why didn’t he say the same things about GoW revealed with a logo and had a date for 2021.

3 Likes

Interesting :chief_think:

Still skeptical this would release on Xbox One.

I must have missed this. What did he say at first?

Perfect Dark, Fable and Everwild years away

2 Likes

I respectfully disagree. This guy had a shitty take and instead of owning that shitty take he decided to blame people for overreacting. I listened to that part and this is what he said (timestamped 26:45):

''If you look at the games, I’ve got an XSX I love it have PS5 love it I play on my PS5 cause I’ve got loads of exclusive games that I don’t have on Xbox (yeah sure PS5 has loads of exclusives :D). And when you look at Xbox they’ve bought amazing studios those games are coming BUT…I’ve had a few conversations with a few friends at Xbox studios those games Everwild, Fable, Perfect Dark are SO FAR AWAY…There might be a new Xbox by the time those games come out (starts laughing at this part). I’m talking about mid tier upgrades.

He does seem to apply double standards. Treats Sony differently than MS. Even though Sony doesn’t have many exclusive games on the PS5, it’s just as barren as the XSX. And Sony also doesn’t have the big hitters coming soon. Why only apply that logic to Xbox and give Sony a pass ? I mean MS could have FH5, Starfield , Halo Infinite this year. That’s miles better than Sony by that time.

And what does SO FAR AWAY mean. He didn’t laugh at that part. So he was serious. Then he jokingly said by the time a new xbox comes out and softly adds he was talking about a mid tier console upgrade. So what…3-4 years ? So less than that is what 2 years ? That’s his SO FAR AWAY take ? Might as well say the same about HZD sequel or the next GOW or whatevers next for the big Sony hitters.

MS has so many studios, creating so many exclusive games. Not just Perfect Dark, Fable and Everwild. And they’re starting to hit starting the 2nd half of this year and they’ll never look back. Not all of them are SO FAR AWAY. There’s going to be some nice hitters every year. I found his take very disingenious.

7 Likes

Gaming journalist makes exaggerated claim, waits a day or two, walks it back on social media…

Shocked Patrick Stewart GIF

16 Likes

I’ll say 500k players on steam. 1.5 million total.

Halo mcc got 160k on steam and that’s a collection of 10-20 year old games. And that cost money while infinite is free.

Halo 3 had a million concurrent players on 360 if I recall. So 1.5 million is what halo 3 did plus the 500k from pc

2 Likes

I missed it but in this article from 2018, before the launch of Sea of Thieves, Rare said it would be a 10-year title. So far, 3 years done.

I think the success of the game far exceeded their expectations so they really may support it for 10 years. Personally, that’s exciting because the foundations offer limitless potential and the stylized visuals will never get old.

9 Likes

I don’t know about the peak (as we will never know it outside of Steam) but I imagine it could reach 20 or 25 million players during its first month.

COD Warzone and Apex hit 50 million players in a month (with the PlayStation as additional platform). So I think 20 or 25 is doable for Halo.

1 Like

Agreed. He’s in the wrong here, not people who reacted to it. Fable could still be far away, but doubt it’s that far away. He even said he spoke to people at XGS, so what did he expect how people would react? Lol.

1 Like

1280x720 in dynamic resolution at 30 fps. the Xbox One FAT/S can.

MSFS 2020 has been around for almost 1 year. many performance issues have already been fixed. :wink:

edit: MSFS 2020 coming to Xbox One S is the same as reaching Xbox Cloud Gaming. so…

:slight_smile:

12 Likes

I’m going to have to play some more :blush:

1 Like

Pretty sure that PEGI rating for Flight SIm was supposed to be for the Xbox Series line of consoles, but they got the name wrong.

1 Like

I see Xbox’s end game to blow up people’s Xbox ones by releasing Flight sim on it. They are playing 40D chess

2 Likes

It has to be. There is no way the jaguar CPUs will be able to run Flight Simulator lol. It is a next gen only game in all but name.

Depends if it’s a hybrid of streaming most of it from xCloud with some local controls overlayed on top. I doubt it, but that’s about the only way I can see it being done. Even then, that would be using the new Series Blades in the datacenter.

That’s a lot of stuff.