What are your predictions for Xbox in 2022?

I Dont Know You Bradley Cooper GIF by filmeditor

2 Likes

2 Likes

Let us help you out…

Go Away Trash GIF

Tv Land Reaction GIF by #Impastor

1 Like

My Predictions Are:

1. Xbox will make a major acquisition. It’ll be just this one and maybe one “smaller” announcement (something akin to a publisher and a separate studio).

2. We’ll have Perfect Dark and Hellblade gameplay at TGA 2022.

3. We’ll finally get Compulsion, Roundhouse, and at least two global publishing projects revealed. inXile’s will be left in the dark for now. Josh Sawyer’s project at Obsidian will also be shown.

4. A major Japanese franchise will be allying with Game Pass in a similar fashion to what Yakuza did in 2020.

5. With the positive buzz from this last year’s Xbox TGS, this next year will have even more announcements. Not a lot more, but a few. Might see something akin to Danganronpa, Nonary, Stein’s;Gate, Phoenix Wright, etc join the platform and launch on Game Pass similar to what happened with AI: The Somnium Files. (this may tie in with prediction 4)

6. Starfield will be a critical darling (90+), Redfall will review well but not crazy (80s), Deathloop will have a solid port, Ghostwire Tokyo will have mixed reviews (70s), Crossfire X will be mixed to negative (50-60s, Forza Motorsport will rate highly (80s), As Dusk Falls will rate high (80s)

And that’s it for now. Can’t wait to be wrong!

Note: Scorings are based off Metacritic.

1 Like

I’ve grown far too powerful for windows.

Stand right over there…

episode 8 goodbye GIF

Figured I’d go bold with something I hadn’t read here yet :sunglasses:

1 Like

Here’s an interesting prediction. Xbox outsells Playstation in 2022.

2 Likes

johnny depp salute GIF

2 Likes

I’m not sure this hangs here, but it was a weird thought/prediction I had while walking my dogs today…

“if” Microsoft acquires WB’s games division, and they do it in January 2022, I’m imagining one hell of a Super Bowl commercial in February.

Pay for the full one minute commercial, and show a few seconds of…(in no particular order)…Gotham Knights, Suicide Squad, Starfield, Hogwarts Legacy, Redfall, Forza Motorsport, Halo Infinite, etc. and then end with “Play it day one on Game Pass”

Mic drop.

4 Likes

in terms of what, console sales? No way. In terms of subs, then heck yeah for gamepass.

That will probably not happen, but even if somehow it does we wouldn’t know

oh trust me if MS can actually do that, they’ll be screaming from the rooftops as they rightfully should. It just won’t happen lol. The brand still has far to go globally. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if it can indeed surpass in their core regions like the US, Mexico, etc but globally, not happening.

2 Likes

Eh not sure, MS only disclose engagement, MAU, and subscriber numbers, not just for Xbox but across all their divisions as well.

It’s consistent with that for MS to come out and say “Thank you all for making Series X|S the highest selling console of the year” or something akin to that without still giving any numbers. Of course that would mean they should have to surpass Switch as well which makes this whole scenario impossible to begin with. :sweat_smile:

I wonder when the sales of the Switch will start decelerating cuz it’s definitely not the year with Zelda.

It shouldn’t happen lol, because it’s not earned. For that they actually need to do global presence, content, localization, marketing, etc.

2 Likes

damn lol. But yeah, I guess it goes both ways, maybe they will actually start paying attention (and money) if they find more success globally. But the initiative should be paramount.

2023, either because it’s when the Switch’s successor releases, or when the content quality and recognition on Xbox and PS5 will be on another level and the Switch will look even much more outdated, and even more 3rd party will drop support on it.

Yeah xbox in Asia is still way lacking in their support and marketing. Playstation dominates this region at a super high ratio. I see Xbox doing better in NA and SA but will still fall short in Europe and Asia.