Video Game Market Analysis Thread

Me too, I hope they announce it this E3.

1 Like

Definitely. It’s likely to announce on E3 or maybe later but I do think we will get one this year.

Great month for Xbox Series in the U.S. I said before the generation started that Microsoft would win back NA and they will. I also said that they would be within 10m of PS5 in Europe. This will be a little harder to accomplish but im very confident that they will.

It’s crazy that there’s no first party title release yet they sold so much. Yes, I know the chip supply issue is a thing, but the fact people bought Series to the point it surpassed the best March of Xbox lifetime is nothing to brush aside. It just means people are willing to give Xbox a try or gone back home. It’s rather teary…

Just wait until Microsoft starts marketing call of duty and start put the game in xbox X/S bundle

I expect that the gap will increase in the US market in favor of Microsoft

3 Likes

Now that it’s obvious that Xbox will outsell PlayStation this year. I think it’s time to gloat. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

In the US? Maybe.

In the US definitely. Its a question of by how many.

Worldwide is still up in the air. Could go either way. Depends how well xbox does in NA. My prediction is ps5 still sells more globally but not by much. Ps5 should win the asian and european markets but how much will it win by to close the gap on the NA market.

If ms can ship a ton by the time stsrfield comes out which is a next gen exclusive and on gamepass…things could explode.

1 Like

The first party thing is a bit overrated right now. Its still relatively new and people want it. Obviously ms has to release some games. Theyre still riding on the forza and halo hype train.

Dont forget Elden Ring is a massive system seller for both ps5 and xbox…but people cant buy ps5s. So theyll get it on xbox. Im not saying thats how it goes but it has an effect.

When starfield comes out…i think the series consoles sales will absolutelt explode into a monster. You can only play starfield on a decent pc and series console. No xbox one version hampering it.

1 Like

Nothing seems to be pointing towards PS5 outselling Xbox this year. Even if Xbox ‘slows down’ and consoles sit on the shelves. They will all be sold by Christmas. I guarantee it.

Even worldwide they are gonna be pretty close simply because USA is the biggest gaming market. I am 100% that Xbox will sell more that PS5 in USA (I mean in Xbox One era they were head to head there, which is crazy) and with chip priority. Also Nick kinda implied that Xbox / PS are much more close in sales than people expect. So Xbox outseliing PS in USA is pretty much a lock.

Let’s say the worldwide difference is 2m only. Like Sony is at 19-20m, Xbox is at 17-18m. With chip priroty Xbox has all the chances to outsell PS worldwide - we should keep in mind that Xbox still has not released anything big aside Halo and Forza.

1 Like

Xbox definitely stands a good chance of outselling PS5 if Sony cant get their supply issues sorted

Xbox not only has more supply but has Starfield which will finally be the game where people will be forced to upgrade to a next gen console, I expect a lot of Series S sold at the end of this year

1 Like

Sony earning will be interesting to hear. If they can’t sort it out, the chance for Xbox winning USA for a year will grow.

Why limit your prediction to USA only? Worldwide seems far more likely outcome based on how this year is going and based on Starfield.

Sony cant ship enough consoles. Ms cant either lets be real. Not rhe series x. Yes theres plenty fo series s consoles but people still want the x as well

It doesn’t mean that Series S don’t sell. Simple as that. Each sold Series S is a sold Xbox console. Microsoft is able to flood the market with Series S and they are bound to sell one way or another.

2 Likes

Imagine a Series S $199-$249 bundled with Game Pass Ultimate with Forza, Starfield, Call of Duty, Overwatch on the banner and box. I could see this bang so hard for holiday 2023

1 Like

Some people here seem to be in denial about Xbox selling more consoles than PS5 this year. There are a lot of big AAA third party games between now and Christmas. Any Xbox on the shelf will sell eventually because it just takes a big hit (Elden Ring for example) to force people to buy a Series S. And Series X is a guaranteed sale regardless of whatever AAA game is released. Starfield is just an ace in the hole since any remaining consoles will be purchased then.

Right. I like the way you think. Carry the momentum from winning 2022 into 2023 with a price cut and bundle. After 2 years of Xbox being the sales leader, maybe PS5 can finally win a year come 2024 :laughing:.