That Insomniac Leaks spoiler filled discussion

Basically everything from Wolverine’s pre production has leaked, and a lot of new WIP stuff, including playable PS5 files.

4 Likes

New CEO or not, Sony really need to work on their security because this is just sad.

7 Likes

Playstation turning into a marvel box. Nice. They have planned up until start of PS6. R&C will again be techincal/launch showcase

1 Like

Neat. As a non-Marvel fan I guess I can continue to ignore Insomniac for another entire generation. My PS remains a Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo box.

2 Likes

The lack of variety in Sony’s original games is appalling, and almost no one says anything. This leaked gameplay could be any other game ever released by the company.

7 Likes

X-Men being exclusive blows but it is what it is.

4 Likes

rachet underperformed is surprising but not at the same time

Insomniac predicting a less than 40~ ROI on the 300 Mil Spider-man 2. That seems extremely unsustainable. One game bombing needs 4 hits just to make up for it…

16 Likes

Anyone find the slide that suggest Sony raising game prices to $80 to $100 for next-gen? Was it just working out the numbers from the ROI slides?

Hmmmm, Might be from the spike for SM3 that is multiple parts.

2 Likes

Spiderman 2’s budget was $315M. AAA games are becoming too expensive.

7 Likes

Based on the Insomniac contract terms, Marvel gets

9-18% of digital sales
19-26% of physical sales
19-26% of DLC sales
35-50% of hardware bundle sales.

I see why Xbox wants ownership.

30 Likes

Agreed, although those were for X-Men iirc. I can also see why MS is ok with re-negotiating for Indy and likely Blade (and vice versa). Those IP are of significant value, but aren’t in a position to demand the crazy terms of an X-Men or a Star Wars.

2 Likes

And the total revenue is dwarfed by 1 to 2 months of GamePass subscriptions. The current Playstation business model is unsustainable.

16 Likes

Jesus that is even higher than I expected. Whats next for the next-generation? $400+? I dont know if MS’s strategy will pay off in the end but the way the industry is right now is also unsustainable long term.

Spidy 2 and Wolvi have PC builds :grin: :grin: :grin:

That slide talking about Imsomiac and Xmen also say “PS consoles and PC”…really cool.

3 Likes

The slides are quite telling.

Marvel licences are quite expensive (100M and you need to do 3 games). Ratchet lost money.

There was a big hope from Sony fans to have wolverine in 2024, it will be a 2026 title with Venom (as a Spiderman with a new skin probably) in 2025.

Also, Sony marketing slides show that Sony feel itself outdated and in need of changing.

11 Likes

First I’ve heard of the Xmen games, damn…

There is a new game in preparation at Guerilla, Hunters Gathering, seems like a MP game

2 Likes

Maybe we should have a separate thread for Insomniac leaks?

3 Likes

This assuming Sony also has a better split due to negotiating movie rights to MCU. So Xbox might be dealing with higher splits

2 Likes